*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Newbie — cold mornings galloping horse Name that Noise

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Newbie — cold mornings galloping horse Name that Noise

Postby Transitpartsuk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:10 pm

Ive seen a lot of engines come in with Solid flywheels as well. Not sure if the PS made a difference to if they installed a Solid or DM?
Transitpartsuk
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby Steve192 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:25 pm

I have exactly the same issue with my Euro 5 mk7 2.2 fwd. I’ve checked the pulley too and the sound wasn’t near that point it was more the other side (gearbox side) so after searching and reading many forums etc I decided to just change the dmf as I need a new clutch anyway. Have had it for over a week just haven’t found time to fit yet. As soon as I do I’ll let you know if the noise stops
Steve192
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby prototype3 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Thanks everyone for their input.

A quick update; the local garage had it for a week, had it on diagnostics, checked the clutch/flywheel, the fuel system, all sorts. Came back blank, nothing the matter, they don't think there's anything to worry about as it drives absolutely fine.

So I'm slightly reassured by that, I know it's a tranny, a diesel, a high miler etc. but I'd still like to know what's causing it.

Fitting a new crankshaft pulley + belts didn't change anything (although it was definitely due)

The noise can only be heard (and felt!) on idle when cold, it's sweet once it's warmed up.

It's as though it's trying to catch up with itself.
2013 Ford Transit 2.2 125 300 Euro5
prototype3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby prototype3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:36 pm

Steve192 wrote:I have exactly the same issue with my Euro 5 mk7 2.2 fwd. I’ve checked the pulley too and the sound wasn’t near that point it was more the other side (gearbox side) so after searching and reading many forums etc I decided to just change the dmf as I need a new clutch anyway. Have had it for over a week just haven’t found time to fit yet. As soon as I do I’ll let you know if the noise stops

Any update on this mate?

cheers
2013 Ford Transit 2.2 125 300 Euro5
prototype3
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits