*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK6 2.0 Duratorq 4 cyl 75 PS gearbox problem, please advice

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK6 2.0 Duratorq 4 cyl 75 PS gearbox problem, please advice

Postby picasso22 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:43 am

Hi guys :?

I recently bought a 2002 Transit 2.0 Duratorq 75 PS engine with, i think, VXT75 gear box.
The thing is, sometimes, i mean once a week maybe more, the gearbox get stucked in 1, 2 or reverse gear, while i m driving but at very low speeds, even with my foot on the clutch, i cant manage to pull out from the gear and with my foot on the clutch, engine still accelerate, it feels like clutch is useless. After stopping the engine everything back to normal. I dont know if this is a serious problem or just some small parts to change.
Second thing is when i start the engine first time morning, in 3rd gear, comes with one small sound like 'CRRRR' :) but this is just one time, after this u can drive all day with nos sound, easy and smooth gear change.
Another thing is when i start the engine, everytime i mean dosen't matter if is cold or hot, comes with a small sound like a chain that spins on something metallic, just 1 second after engine starts, after that no sound like this.
I don't have experience in this domain but i would like to fix this by myself if is not to complicate, if you guys can help me with some manuals, or from where can i buy one because i cant find for this type of van on the internet.
Thank you in advance

Have a nice day
picasso22

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits