*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Starting and low power

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Starting and low power

Postby Terminator786 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:28 am

Hi guys

I have a 2009 transit tourneo 2.2tdci. I have been having a couple of problems with my van.

1) it fails to start sometimes. I have to try several times and give it some gas before it starts it will keep cutting out and the fourth or fifth attempt after gassing it will start. Its completley random and also causes my battery to drain so I have to jump start it.

2) also after a long period of driving ( about 2 hours or motorway driving of around 50 miles) it loses power. I have to turn the engine of for about 10 mins and then its back to normal.

Is this a problem with the suction control valve?

Any help will be appreciated
Terminator786
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Starting and low power

Postby knobby1 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:33 am

Terminator786 wrote:Hi guys

I have a 2009 transit tourneo 2.2tdci. I have been having a couple of problems with my van.

1) it fails to start sometimes. I have to try several times and give it some gas before it starts it will keep cutting out and the fourth or fifth attempt after gassing it will start. Its completley random and also causes my battery to drain so I have to jump start it.

2) also after a long period of driving ( about 2 hours or motorway driving of around 50 miles) it loses power. I have to turn the engine of for about 10 mins and then its back to normal.

Is this a problem with the suction control valve? Any help will be appreciated

Have you had the codes read..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Terminator786 » Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:58 am

No I haven't mate ill get it checked now
Terminator786
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:21 am

knobby1 wrote:
Terminator786 wrote:Hi guys

Is this a problem with the suction control valve? Any help will be appreciated

Have you had the codes read..??

Lord Knobrot
+1 could be a few things mate best to get codes read as his lordship suggested

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits