*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ford transit mk 7 2.3 petrol/lpg code read

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: ford transit mk 7 2.3 petrol/lpg code read

Postby farrer » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:36 pm

i think you may be right tt , the rocker cover is plastic on mine but looks to be the same.

i made a discovery this evening, i went to swap the coils over as suggested by you and the plug holes that the pencil coils go down into are full of engine oil, i have just pumped it out, about an eighth to a quarter of a litre of oil came out, pretty sure thats not supposed to be there....the plot thickens.

i think this means its needs a rocker cover gasket, gonna be a ford only part no doubt.

started the van and drove it a little and the misfire had changed somewhat, many thanks to you TT as i think i am now on the right path.

going to order the gasket monday, hopefully i wont have to remove the inlet manifold as it looks a pig to do, only one way to find out i suppose.
:shock: Ford Transit MK 7 T330 145 2.3 RWD Petrol/LPG :shock:
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby twin--turbo » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:11 pm

You may find they don't do the gasket on it's own..

TT
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:24 pm

rocker cover is off, all holes cleaned out, plugs removed. n.o 3 plug was cracked, looks like it has been that way for some time (unless i did it!! ha), the oil was prob stopping it from arc-ing.

do you think high temp silicone would do it TT?

i will attach some pics later
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:36 pm

i have found one on ebay

victor-reinz part number :- 15-36563-01
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:02 pm

Here are the pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:18 pm

To remove the rocker cover, you will need to undo all the inlet manifold and associated electrical plugs and you will be able to move it aside, rather than remove the fuel pipes, vac pipes, coolest pipes etc to get the manifold off.

It is made slightly more difficult because it has lpg, it has been tapped into on the coolant pipes and they straddle over the top of the rocker cover making it that bit more difficult, if you don't have lpg, I imagine this would be slightly easier.

Just waiting now for plugs, rocker gasket and coils, I will keep you updated

Regards
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:05 pm

ok guys quick update

the rocker cover gasket and plugs have been replaced and its all back together. also second key has been successfully programmed but the remote lock and unlock does not work!? but it does start the van.

upto now its seems to be running well, pulls well etc. the only issues is that it is taking quite a few cranks before it starts, needing to depress the accelerator to make it fire up, once running all seems fine, not been on a long run yet though.

just one fault code remaining on the BCMii and it is :

B109E : 87-48 - remote keyless entry

additional fault symptom
- missing message

has anybody seen this fault before and does anyone have an idea as to where i should be looking ?

many thanks to TT for all your input up to now
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:45 pm

hi all,
quick update, i found the problem was the receiver in the headlining was disconnected, i am assuming that happened when the old wiring would of been cut out at the de-commissioning point after the van was removed from the police fleet, it was a rats nest of chopped wiring, i separated some that went to the rear of the van and taped around them individually, incase they were still connected to the rear lights etc.

hey presto, everything is working as it should and no fault codes stored.remote key function restored!!! i will give one more update once i have taken it on a long enough run to confirm no oil leaks into plug holes and no more mis fires, rough running etc.

i obtained many of my fault finding directions from reading previous posts, an excellent forum and glad to be a member. hats off to you all

regards
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby twin--turbo » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:18 pm

so is it a mazda engine in the mk7 then, the inlet looks to be on the wrong side for a ford twink.

glad to hear its sorted.

TT
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:54 pm

yes it deffo is a mazda engine, the real test will be tomorrow when it gets taken for a long run, the proof will be in the pudding.

ive not fitted the coils i ordered and will be sending them back if all is well.

so the grand total is £98 :

10 quid for key cutting
38 quid for a blank key with fob
15 quid for obd2 cable
20 quid for rocker gasket
15 quid for spark plugs

if everything is ok tomorrow. my next quest will be to get the aircon working but right now its too cold to worry about
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:07 pm

ok so i can confirm that the van is A1 perfect again, running exactly as it should on both on petrol and lpg. it has been driven some 100+ miles under various conditions and performed flawlessly.

i am a happy chappie now.

if anybody else has the same or similar problems, feel free to PM me or post a reply and i would be more than happy to help/respond.

if anybody wants to compare readings from sensors etc from a van running correctly, i am more than happy to log the readings on my van for you to compare with yours in order to help diagnose any other faults anybody may have.

Regards
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby farrer » Sun Nov 18, 2018 7:21 pm

ok, so its looks like i spoke too soon, the van drove fine today but the engine management light came back on but with no sign of mis- firing etc.

i plugged it back in and got this fault

new capture 13.PNG

i had this fault originally and it was running on gas at the time.

i ran live diagnostics on the o2 sensor and while running on gas it was not switching, what i am unsure of at the minute is whether it does switch whilst running on gas or not. something i need to do some more testing on tomorrow.

the o2 sensor is deffo switching when running on petrol but not on gas, it just flat lines.
i will screen shot the live readings tomorrow, to show what im talking about and hopefully somebody here has the experience to advise me.

i am unsure on whether or not this is an o2 sensor fault or an lpg ecu fault or the lpg system needs fine tuning again???

i have found cables and software for plugging in the lpg ecu in and may go down that route if a o2 sensor does not cure it.

has anybody got any advice for me? i am not too worried as the van is driving well

regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby madmart132 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:06 am

Some gas systems will follow their own fuel map and will do without the lamba sensor , mostly I think because the lamba sensor will try to hold the fuel/air ratio at 14.5-1 whereas gas needs around 17.5-1 fuel air ratio
this always shows as a fault on my mk6's as well
madmart132
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby farrer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:34 am

Hi madmart,

So do you think I should not bother messing with it as it runs fine now?

I am thinking just to change the lpg filter as I am unaware of any previous service history.

Regards
farrer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby twin--turbo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:40 pm

If it runs ok, leave it alone and just kill the lamp before mot ( I assume it take 20-30 miles before it registers a fault)

TT
twin--turbo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits