*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear (vertical lift) door central lock not working.

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Rear (vertical lift) door central lock not working.

Postby OmegaIV » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:13 pm

Hi all, hoping you can help me here.
I have recently purchased a MK7 2008 FORD TRANSIT 85 T260S with the double sliding doors and vertical open rear door.
Its been turned into an ST replica of sorts but when i put in the reg this is the description that comes up.
So in short the back lock does not seem to be working when i use the fob or the manual key to lock the van. The front 3 doors lock (cab & sliding doors) but the horn sounds and the lock appears to not even attempt to do anything. I don"t know what kind of sensor it uses. Im assuming its within the lock module its self but don"t know if its its a push switch or a tilt sensor. I also don"t know if the sensor thinks the door is open, then would it attempt to lock the latch and then unlock it or would it just not attempt it. :roll:
I cant find much about this kind of door as it seems to be an uncommon door type. :?
I don't know which pins in the connection to connect to test it by tricking it into thinking its closed. Ive considered that the whole model is dead.

Thanks for you time. :)
OmegaIV

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits