*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

200PS Exhaust

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

200PS Exhaust

Postby STEVE P » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:41 pm

While I was under my van yesterday replacing my stater motor I noticed the Exhaust was well past it best and was obvioulsy leaking around the seams of the silencer. A couple of gentle prods and I reckoned it wont be long before it is scrap.

I rung the parts factor I use to be told it had to be a genuine part as it was not listed by any of there suppliers. He rung me back a few mins later to tell me my local Ford Dealer has one on the shelf if that was any good and it was £180 +the VAT :D I was expecting a lot more than that for a genuine part especially for such a rare van.

It arrived a couple of hours later, and does have Ford stickers on it.

Has somebody in the dealership made a mistake? The last time I bought a genuine exhaust i remember it being an eye watering amount of money for even standard vehicles.

Steve
STEVE P
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: 200PS Exhaust

Postby Altransit » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Ford are surprisingly odd with the pricing of some items :?

I've bought genuine exhausts for previous Transits, and they've been very reasonable, and always fit well. Brake pads, shoes, and clutches are often cheaper than the pattern equivalent :D

However, ask them for an injector seal, or a spring clip to hold the pipe on, and you'll wish it was the exhaust that needs replacing :P :lol:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby STEVE P » Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:50 pm

Altransit wrote:
However, ask them for an injector seal, or a spring clip to hold the pipe on, and you'll wish it was the exhaust that needs replacing :P :lol:

Agree 100% , I had to buy a bolt for an old Galaxy that I was doing some work on for a friend. I was expecting £5 max as it was basically an M8 bolt with a shoulder. When I went to collect it I had a £20 note in my hand and the parts guy took it and handed me back a few copper coins :shock: . I presumed he had thought I had given him a £5 until I looked at the invoice £19.94 :shock: :shock: :shock:

I think the part that has impressed me the most apart from the price is the dealer had it in stock. Other parts I have had to order for my van have often had to come from Germany and I have been told some part are not available anywhere.

Steve
STEVE P
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:15 pm

Wouldn't it just be the same as the 2.4 exhaust or is it actually a larger bore ?

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby shovelheadrob » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:43 pm

From a conversation I had with my local Ford dealer, they keep prices competitive on stuff that's readily available from the aftermarket, but rob you blind on the stuff you can't get elsewhere. Hth
Panther Black 2012 155ps 350 LWB Limited with extra toys
Leather, reversing camera, dual side doors, LED DRLs
shovelheadrob
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits