*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2007 2.2 transit wont start

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

2007 2.2 transit wont start

Postby Bournein90 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:20 am

Hey guys sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I have a 2.2 2007 ford transit which was running lovely when i bought it, after a few weeks I started to get problems when driving sort of like a limp mode, had it checked out and was told it was the EGR valve so i had it wiped out and remapped at the same time. Van ran beautiful for a further few weeks then started randomly cutting out when i was driving, would start again straight away but after a few minutes cut out again.

So i took it back to get it looked at again and the only codes were water in fuel sensor and throttle position sensor, so we drained the water from the filter (was quite abit) and serviced it so changed all filters and oil. Later that day the van started driving really lumpy so while moving i turned it off to start it back up but it wouldn’t have it and hasn’t started since.

Had it towed to get it looked at again. Codes that came up were similar water in fuel, throttle position sensor.

So first we changed the throttle position sensor with no joy, we changed the sensor on the end of the fuel rail and cam shaft sensor with no joy.

We then changed the pressure sensor on the fuel pump and yes the van started we drove it in to check why the engine management light came on and by the time he got the computer it cut out and wont start again.

So to date we have changed the fuel pump 3 times with new pressure sensor, fuel rail & sensor, throttle body sensor, cam shaft sensor and ignition switch.

Codes still coming up after clearing are water in fuel, throttle body sensor P0642, cam and crank not synced.

We have done leak off tests and is fine, have ran a separate fuel supply directly to the pump and will still not fire will turn over and turn over.

Some are saying yes others are saying no does the sensor on the fuel pump need coding?

It will start on brake cleaner but will cut back out when you stop spraying it.

Have checked all fuses and relays all are fine, will be trying crank sensor tomorrow but am getting a reading from the one thats already fitted. Stuck for ideas now so hopefully you guys can help
Bournein90

Re: 2007 2.2 transit wont start

Postby v8dave » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:24 pm

Since you say it is a 2.2 I'm assuming it is a diesel.
Again, as you've not told us I'm assuming it is a tdci common rail diesel, you did mention a fuel rail.

These do not have a pressure sensor on the fuel pump.

The cam and crank not synced error code suggests that either the cam sensor or the crank sensor is no working properly.
If this occurs the ecu will not start the engine.
You say you changed the cam sensor, did you keep the old one? These are not known to fail, your new one might be faulty.

Get live data recorded while cranking the engine.
You need engine rpm, cam sync, fuel rail pressure.
If computer and software is ford ids then do the engine no start test.
mk7 08reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD
mk6 X reg 2.4 T350 LWB MHR RWD - scrapped
mk4 J reg 2.5 L300 LWB MHR RWD - sold on

Notice a trend there ? not too big and not too small
v8dave
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits