*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Water / vacuum pump gasket

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Water / vacuum pump gasket

Postby Waynebx » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:59 pm

Hi all
I have a 2004 Mk 6 fwd T280 85
I've ordered a second hand water/ Vacuum pump but can't find the gasket listed anywhere apart from ford direct who want £45.00
The gaskets for the 2.4 engine in the same van are £12.00 a set
Anyone know if they are compatable
I presume I will only need the water pump one as the replacement vacuum pump is still bolted on the water pump
Also while taking things apart I noticed a crack in the Egr pipe which is chuffing out smoke , can these be either chemical metal repaired or mig welded
One last thing if I block the egr does the plate go on the valve at the front of the van or where it comes out of the manifold at the rear
Sorry if these sound dumb questions but on a tight budget and new to Van ownership - normally work on easy to work on Motorcycles
Thanks for advice
Wayne
Waynebx

Re: Water / vacuum pump gasket

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:05 pm

Ummm...the Mk6 2.0 water pump and vacuum pump aren't even close to each other, the vacuum pump lives on the cyl head and is driven by the exhaust camshaft..

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l= ... I3Mg%3D%3D

Water pump lives on lower front of engine.

http://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en&l= ... MCsyNzI%3D

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits