*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk7 2.4 rwd oil pressure

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

mk7 2.4 rwd oil pressure

Postby stehpen » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:21 am

my 2010 2.4l rwd was popping oil coolers the supplier transitpartcenter where i bought these from said they were high quality and to check my oil pressure. and blamed my relief valve. i pulled the oil pump out it was ok.. the valve is not servicable. not easy to find pressure ratings as i could only find minimum ratings. ford didnt know its running pressure and mechanics were guessing so i measured a friends mk7.. 94 psi.. mine was 90 psi... for those who have the same problem the oil pressure hot or cold is a max of around 94psi.. and at idle hot is 30 to 35.... 5-30 oil. i couldnt get a final answer from forum. so im adding this post... transitpartcenter wouldnt refund me for any parts.. and just lied to me.. there oil coolers among other parts are cheap chinese cra.... there bad feedback on ebay is only half the true feedback. parts fail after the feedback time has run out. im now using tpuk on ebay as i havent had the trouble and the game playing that the other crowed has given me.
stehpen
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: mk7 2.4 rwd oil pressure

Postby Transitpartsuk » Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:46 pm

Cheers, have the stuff they list as O.E when it isnt. Not sure what else to say really!
Transitpartsuk
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby stehpen » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:41 pm

no prob. im looking forward to my timing chain and parts youve sent. as usuall it should be here in good time.
stehpen
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stehpen » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:47 pm

shame on tpuk.. i bought 2 oil coolers off tpuk because of the failure of the first 2... i bought from transit part center.. they failed between 1500ks and 2000ks.... dont buy there chinese stuff. tpuk oil coolers look to be the same,,, carly there ebay rep plays games, pretends she dosnt receive emails.. that returned items with there own tracked labels dont arrive. and wont refund or replace... has anyone had troublev with this company?? i will post more on this
stehpen
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Altransit » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:23 am

TPUK have many happy customers on here, including myself, I think that if you're having the same problem with the same parts, but from different suppliers, then you probably need to look elsewhere for the cause :idea:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:25 am

Altransit wrote:TPUK have many happy customers on here, including myself, I think that if you're having the same problem with the same parts, but from different suppliers, then you probably need to look elsewhere for the cause :idea:

Here you go Al :roll: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=200408&c=1
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby stehpen » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:14 pm

yes altransit i am keeping an eye out for any other possible causes to these possible pressure problems. an idea i have is to run my oil pressure gauge inside the cab and monitor it while traveling in case of a pressure spike... id need to make up a hose long enough...
stehpen
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:43 pm

stehpen wrote:yes altransit i am keeping an eye out for any other possible causes to these possible pressure problems. an idea i have is to run my oil pressure gauge inside the cab and monitor it while traveling in case of a pressure spike... id need to make up a hose long enough...

Myself and a few others have oil pressure guages, you can buy a kit for either a manual or electronic guage...l have the electronic one.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Transitpartsuk » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:36 pm

In response to this post. It is still a family run company. Amanda still is the owner, however staff do come and go. You have to understand at the moment we are inundated with emails/orders and general questions/queries from customers. If we do not respond instantly to your email, please do not take offence. We can only go by the emails that we receive. You were incredibly condescending with your emails to someone who is just trying to do her job.

Her job was not made easier by you ordering under different names/addresses. It makes it hard to track and find orders, especially when you assume that we know you personally and know every order that goes out of the building. When we send out over 500 orders a day we have to have the information. You ordered the oil coolers directly from us in March 2019 and the fuel valve to a different name and different address on eBay.

You implied that we were stupid and could not find the parcel in our warehouse. We could not, because it was not there, Royal Mail lost the parcel. It never got back to us. We also have to wait for Royal Mail's specified time scales to try and make a claim. The claim was denied due to having no tracking on the item whatsoever. The parcel did not reach our warehouse.

We had a lot of trouble finding your orders because ZIP codes in NZ are just 4 numbers. When you search on any system for 4 numbers it brings up thousands of results. That's why we were asking you to confirm and send details through to us so we could actually locate your order. We only found your order on our system when you called and spoke to us. We then found your orders (under different names).

You were sent a returns label but Royal Mail lost the parcel, We could not track the parcel, sometimes Royal Mail lose things. Again you were refunded for this.

We have not had any problems with any of the oil coolers. We roughly sell 10 a day. You purchased the item in March 2019 as well. If you have had 4 go in 2 years or so something else could possibly wrong? I am not saying that it was not the part but if the same part failed 4 times I would start looking elsewhere. I cant physically get the part you sent back tested because we do not have it.

Either way you were refunded. For a parcel we could not claim for. Or claim from the manufacturer because we don't have the part.

This is the last I will say on the matter, we have dealt with this as fast as possible through this pandemic with mostly all of our staff off. We have got busier and busier and are literally on a skeleton staff so it has taken longer to sort out any issues, which should be understandable.

James (Amanda's son)
Transitpartsuk
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby stehpen » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:31 pm

No i was not refunded, i was promised a refund. 1 month later i contacted james as there was no refund.. he gave me the excuse that he was on holiday and would refund me when he got back. nothing, its over a year now. do you remember that james, how many other people have you lied to. I havnt bought any thing from your company since, and the nzmca members have been advised to steer clear, 107,000 members, transit being the most common motor home.
Last edited by stehpen on Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stehpen
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby stehpen » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:44 pm

I finally put a genuine ford oil cooler in. more than a year ago now and no problems. it most definitley points to the chinese made oil coolers, sometimes listening to the comments of those who havent tested a certain vehicle can put you in doubt as to what the real problem is.
stehpen
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits