*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Heater problems inside the car

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Heater problems inside the car

Postby Chrissz » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:38 am

Hello there,
My name is Chris en we have an 2002 transit Van. Its got a 2liter tdci engine. 125 T260.

The cabin gets extremely hot when driving. The heat comes from the middle console. Hot air comes out from the airoutlet underneath the dashboard. Even with the fans off the same occurs. If i turn the temperature dial to cold, then the airco goes on and i experience a lot of engine power loss so i tend to avoid that. Even with the airco on hot air comes out from underneath the dash and that air gets cooled a little bit but its unsignificant.

Does anyone know what is going on? Any tips before we go on holiday?

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Chrissz

Re: Heater problems inside the car

Postby wojciech » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:37 am

It looks you have more than one problem...
First: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=169870
Second: broken hot water valve controlled by vacu - under windscreen in engine compartment, on right side. It is still opened.
Third: broken control system of direction ventillation. Maybe steel cable doesn't work. When direction is 100% for weendscreen, AC is always on, and fan is also on (even on zero position it works as in first position).
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits