*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk6 transit clutch help

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk6 transit clutch help

Postby Colyer motorsport » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:58 am

Hello everyone I have just put new fly wheel and clutch and slave cylinder in my 2.4 tdci rwd transit well now the paddle feels really high I have been bleeding it from the nipple on top of gearbox where slave cylinder pipe joins getting lot of air and little fluid sound fluid run out freely went nipple open ? Thanks
Colyer motorsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk6 transit clutch help

Postby knobby1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:58 pm

Might pay to "reverse bleed" it, connect a tube from NS brake caliper nipple to slave nipple then use brake to pump fluid back up to the reservoir.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:09 pm

Colyer motorsport wrote:Hello everyone I have just put new fly wheel and clutch and slave cylinder in my 2.4 tdci rwd transit well now the paddle feels really high I have been bleeding it from the nipple on top of gearbox where slave cylinder pipe joins getting lot of air and little fluid sound fluid run out freely went nipple open ? Thanks

If the pedal is high it wont be air :wink: Can you feel resistance when you press the pedal :?: Have you fitted the correct clutch :?: :?:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:48 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:Have you fitted the correct clutch :?: :?:

Good call.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Colyer motorsport » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:14 am

I am thinking the clutch is wrong myself tbh. Only reason for changing is my dura mass give in so gone with single fly wheel conversion my old clutch is like new but am I right thinking it will not work with single fly wheel conversion as being it’s come from dura mass o
Colyer motorsport
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits