*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Recommend a Fault code reader?

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Recommend a Fault code reader?

Postby Willandkate » Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi
I’m looking to buy a fault code reader either stand alone or Bluetooth/iPhone Jobbie.
I’ve got a 62 plate T330 2.2.
EML is on, garage said bloked DPF, they cleared it but light came back a day or 2 later.
Fuse keeps blowing to vaporising glow plug (No29 I think).
Need to sort it.
Any opinions on which is the best code reader that I can also clear codes and run diagnostics?
Thanks in advance

Will
Willandkate

Re: Recommend a Fault code reader?

Postby loot » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:52 pm

Willandkate wrote:Hi
I’m looking to buy a fault code reader either stand alone or Bluetooth/iPhone Jobbie.
EML is on, garage said bloked DPF, they cleared it but light came back a day or 2 later.
Need to sort it.
Any opinions on which is the best code reader that I can also clear codes and run diagnostics?
Thanks in advance

Will

Ids

Or forscan. 15 quid.

You need to fix the vaporizer but unplug it first and see if the fuse blows, this will tell you if it is a short with the vaporizer or if it still blows then it is the wiring.

On the euro 5 transit custom it should be the same setup and pcm but the other fuseboxes are different and I don't have the euro 5 mk7 diagram.
So the only info I can give you is that you have a fuel vaporizer glow plug and a fuel vaporizer pump.

They will need to be checked.

I see so many ppl assume that the dpf being blocked is the problem, they clear it out and then the problem returns, parasitic wiring checks and live data are really what is needed, unfortunately there's not enough experienced ppl that can do it or they just can't be bothered :(
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby Willandkate » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:05 pm

loot wrote:
Willandkate wrote:Hi
Need to sort it.
Thanks in advance

Will

Ids

Or forscan. 15 quid.

You need to fix the vaporizer but unplug it first and see if the fuse blows, this will tell you if it is a short with the vaporizer or if it still blows then it is the wiring.

On the euro 5 transit custom it should be the same setup and pcm but the other fuseboxes are different and I don't have the euro 5 mk7 diagram.
So the only info I can give you is that you have a fuel vaporizer glow plug and a fuel vaporizer pump.

They will need to be checked.

I see so many ppl assume that the dpf being blocked is the problem, they clear it out and then the problem returns, parasitic wiring checks and live data are really what is needed, unfortunately there's not enough experienced ppl that can do it or they just can't be bothered :(

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I think I’ll get the Forscan lite app and the 327 WiFi transmitter.
D’you happen to know which cable it is that goes to the vaporising glowplug?
I had a quick look under the van and from memory there were 2 cables heading to the dpf. I’m assuming 1 is the glowplug feed and the other is either a temp sensor or something to control the fuel required for the regen?
Also, any idea where fuse 84 is? According to the handbook it’s under the engine fuse box and it’s inline. I can’t see it. I think it’s called the dpf monitoring circuit?
As I said, van is in Spain and I’m in Uk for a couple of weeks before I go back to it so I can’t check anything else right now.
Thanks in advance
Willandkate

Postby loot » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:57 pm

I don't off hand sorry, I've not had a chance to study up on these yet.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/202272642314?r ... 2272642314

That is it I think, you might see it in front of the dpf.

It is connected to fuel and power so at a guess it opens when powered up and fuel is pressured through it. If day you can safely test it but that's upto you. Expensive but of kit though :?
You can check it for voltage and resistance.
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits