*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Hill assist

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Hill assist

Postby johnpietila » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:45 pm

My 2010 2.4 Transit turbo diesel 'hill assist' has stopprd working. Any clues??
Has ANYONE on East coast Aussie found a Ford dealer who is FAMILIAR with Transit? I have NOT>
Regards
John Pietila
0421 240 241
johnpietila
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:38 pm

johnpietila wrote:My 2010 2.4 Transit turbo diesel 'hill assist' has stopprd working. Any clues??
Has ANYONE on East coast Aussie found a Ford dealer who is FAMILIAR with Transit? I have NOT>
Regards
John Pietila
0421 240 241

How long ago did it stop working..?? Have you had the codes read..?? Have you had the batteries properly load tested...??

Whereabouts on the East Coast are you..?? There's about 3000km+ of east coast.??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby johnpietila » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:49 pm

Thanks
I live in Brisbane but have have travelled to Adelaide, 6 weeks in Tassie and recently to NQ, and have not found one Ford dealer who wants to tell me anything about the Transit. I am a rare owner who needs to know (and understands) many things about modern vehicles.
I have a Haynes manual, an EManualOnline some 2700 page excellent manual BUT NO electrical details.
How do you fit into the scheme of things? I am happy to pay for info but sadly the Ford folks often don't even know they don't know!
Regards
John Pietila
0421 240 241
johnpietila
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 am

johnpietila wrote:Thanks
I live in Brisbane but have have travelled to Adelaide, 6 weeks in Tassie and recently to NQ, and have not found one Ford dealer who wants to tell me anything about the Transit. I am a rare owner who needs to know (and understands) many things about modern vehicles.
I have a Haynes manual, an EManualOnline some 2700 page excellent manual BUT NO electrical details.
How do you fit into the scheme of things? I am happy to pay for info but sadly the Ford folks often don't even know they don't know!
Regards
John Pietila
0421 240 241

I'm also in Brisbane, well Caboolture actually. There's very few Ford dealers around who know anything about our Mk6 & Mk7 Transits. I recently, (earlier this year), moved up to Brisvegas from Sydney and there's not much in the way of Transit knowledge down there either.
I had to learn about them myself with the help of the fine folk on this forum. I now consider myself as knowing enough to get into trouble.. :oops: :roll:

There's lots of knowledgeable chaps on this forum to get most things done but the vast majority of them are located in the Endland, Wales, Scottland & Ireland etc....

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby M3Stig » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:45 am

knobby1 wrote:

There's lots of knowledgeable chaps on this forum to get most things done but the vast majority of them are located in the Endland, Wales, Scottland & Ireland etc....

Lord Knobrot

M3Stig
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby M3Stig » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:48 am

turn off ignition , hold all pedals down ,turn on ignition hold untill the light comes on and flashes. keep holding till light goes out . sorted. assist also goes off when you accelerate. have you done this?
M3Stig
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby loot » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:12 pm

It does envoke the question mr knobby, if there's not many transits about and even less transit techs about then....... Why?
It's like driving round in a trabant :shock:
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby knobby1 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:34 pm

loot wrote:It does envoke the question mr knobby, if there's not many transits about and even less transit techs about then....... Why?

Compared to the UK we have very few Transits here in Aus....and they're spread very thin over a large area.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby loot » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:07 pm

knobby1 wrote:
loot wrote:It does envoke the question mr knobby, if there's not many transits about and even less transit techs about then....... Why?

Compared to the UK we have very few Transits here in Aus....and they're spread very thin over a large area.

Lord Knobrot

Hence my statement :P
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby johnpietila » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:50 pm

turn off ignition, hold all pedals down ,turn on ignition hold until the light comes on and flashes. keep holding till light goes out. sorted. assist also goes off when you accelerate. have you done this?

Thanks, I did this AND IT WORKS again!!!
How can we best disseminate this type of information to someone else who has the same problem?
johnpietila
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby johnpietila » Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:52 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Regards
John Pietila
0421 240 241

I'm also in Brisbane, well Caboolture actually. There's very few Ford dealers around who know anything about our Mk6 & Mk7 Transits. I recently, (earlier this year), moved up to Brisvegas from Sydney and there's not much in the way of Transit knowledge down there either.
I had to learn about them myself with the help of the fine folk on this forum. I now consider myself as knowing enough to get into trouble.. :oops: :roll:

Lord Knobrot

Thanks
How can I contact you, I live in Wishart, Brisbane
johnpietila
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby reevco62 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:27 pm

What is the difference between hill assist and hill launch?
My hill assist is off at the moment and I enabled hill launch in the Central Configuration setting yesterday but hill assist is still not working.
Next thing was to try the peddle trick, it has switched off before now and I have successfully used this method in the past.
It takes thousands of nuts to hold a Transit together but only one nut behind the wheel to distribute them all over the road...
reevco62
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby knobby1 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:06 pm

How can I contact you, I live in Wishart, Brisbane

I'll pm you..!

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re:Various VM series questions

Postby johnpietila » Thu May 26, 2022 1:18 pm

Hi all
Not sure how to start a new 'thread'
1 at 180km, any clues what may need special attention??
a EGR valve still no error signal (my mate's van had trouble around 100k)
b Does the turbo lube oil pipe banjo fitting strainer need routine cleaning?
c second gear synchro is sluggish, all other gears smooth change
d what about the dual mass clutch?
e headlight beam control range too low at max with a constant motorhome rear load
f replaced freewheeling alternator pulley (seems a total unnecessary feature) and Ford does not stock this part(new alternator $1040)

Still trying to find a Ford dealer anywhere in Aus familiar with this model Transit. Found a good mechanical manual through EmanualOnLine and electrical circuits by joining Ford service info for 3 days(paid)

Otherwise I have found the vehicle reliable for the 80K since buying is secondhand from Kea. Toilet, fridge and diesel heater all problems but not insurmountable

Regards
John Pietila
0421 240 241
Brisbane
johnpietila
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby TheCake » Sun May 29, 2022 12:29 pm

just at top of the mk6-mk7 board is a button says ''new topic''
is that rust spot new?

2010 mk7 t260 85 p.o.s. FWD, SWB