*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 fuel metering valve

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Mk7 fuel metering valve

Postby andz327 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:25 am

What do you mean the engine failed completely.......
What failed?

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby carlburt78 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:05 pm

andz327 wrote:What do you mean the engine failed completely.......
What failed?

ANDZ
I'm not 100% sure on why it failed but it happened quite quickly, it started knocking really loudly and smoke and oil was coming out of the filler cap , I managed to get it home but then it stopped running completely, I know it was probably fixable but the nature of my job is I needed it back on the road ASAP so I bought a recon tall engine , the guy who sold me the recon engine took mine in exchange and is going to shed some light when he strips it down .... also on my other Transit a few years back I had worn cams and tappets ect and the cost of fixing that was 1800 whereas I got the tall engine for 1200 and brother fitted it for nothing .
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Nowadays I'm a courier maself , you do realise it was probably your injectors clamp bolt that broke as that the symptoms when the poxy £4 bolt snaps.....
If its not that then your injectors have melted a piston so you shouldn't have fitted them without getting them properly tested

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby carlburt78 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:02 pm

andz327 wrote:Nowadays I'm a courier maself , you do realise it was probably your injectors clamp bolt that broke as that the symptoms when the poxy £4 bolt snaps.....
If its not that then your injectors have melted a piston so you shouldn't have fitted them without getting them properly tested

ANDZ

It ain't the clamp bolt so could be the injectors il get them checked thanks
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby carlburt78 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:36 pm

andz327 wrote:Nowadays I'm a courier maself , you do realise it was probably your injectors clamp bolt that broke as that the symptoms when the poxy £4 bolt snaps.....

The guy who took my old engine in exchange stripped it yesterday and said I had a cracked piston ,and damage to the crank ,unfortunately he couldn't remember what piston it was so I'm taking the injectors to a diesel/electric shop.
ANDZ
carlburt78
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits