*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK7 central locking issue...

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK7 central locking issue...

Postby Jucifer » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi,

Had the van since about March and converted it into a camper and had no issues at all with the locking until last night. I returned to the van ready to jump in the back for a bit of kip but the fob would not unlock the doors. With it being an ex post van you cant unlock the back with the key in the drivers door. so after a night sleeping in my cab I'm still having issues. The fob will lock the driver and passenger door, but won't unlock them and the side and back door button doesn't work. I've gone through a few posts on here so I've checked the fuses behind the glove box and they are fine. Now the one thing I'm finding that's a bit odd is my van only has one battery under the drivers seat and I'm thinking as I've never had this issue up until now that it cant be a battery issue can it?. When I've had my head stuck in the the hole behind the glove box and I press the unlock button I can hear a clicking, but not sure where it's coming from. I've tried my other set of keys and no joy so not sure what the problem could be. I've even connected a second battery and still nothing. I've managed to unlock the side door by removing the window from my bulkhead and reaching through with a bit of wood. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jucifer
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: MK7 central locking issue...

Postby Jucifer » Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:59 pm

Bit of an update on this one. After trying everything without any success I spat my dummy out and gave up. few hours later just thought I'd try the fob again and it's working again and has been fine so far. Still not sure what the issue is tho.
Jucifer
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Shirazman » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:26 pm

Jucifer wrote:Bit of an update on this one. After trying everything without any success I spat my dummy out and gave up. few hours later just thought I'd try the fob again and it's working again and has been fine so far. Still not sure what the issue is tho.
Hi Jucifer

Are the 3 pins on the sliding door making contact?
So these doors are now locking and unlocking by just using the spare key?

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
Shirazman
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jucifer » Mon May 11, 2020 2:14 pm

Hey,

sorry for the late reply I've been without internet.
It all started working fine again locking and unlocking with the key I checked for the pins lining up on the side door and they do.

Bugger is it's just started doing it again :(

Cheers,
Jucifer
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ponsaloti » Wed May 13, 2020 10:02 pm

I reckon you have a couple of issues here.
Your keys are probably just worn enough to fail in the door lock (the door on a transit takes more effort to turn than on most other vehicles).
The remote battery charges up when the key is in the ignition. If you dont use the van much, the remote doesn't get a chance to charge.
If the charge level is low and the key is cold, it wont send a signal. Hold it in your hand and warm it up and you may get lucky and get the remote to work.
I repair (fit new re-chargable batteries) to loads of these transits that have these same problems.
Hope this helps
Castle Locks
196 London rd
Hadleigh
Essex
SS7 2PD
castle.locks@btinternet.com
01702 555557
http://www.castle-locks.org.uk
ponsaloti
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby Jucifer » Sat May 16, 2020 4:53 pm

Thanks for the info
Have just ordered a replacement battery kit for the fob so will see if this works.
I'd seen a vid on youtube using a toothbrush charger to charge the fob so had been giving this a try but no luck.
I'm not 100% but think with it being an ex royal mail van that using the key in the drivers door will not unlock the back, but will look into getting a new blade cut.
I've looked at the receiver for the central locking and the led is lighting up when I press the button on the fob.

Opened the back tailgate door on the van today with the latch and noticed when I close it that it's locking automatically so I know that its getting power to it but just won't work on the key.
Jucifer
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ponsaloti » Sat May 16, 2020 5:07 pm

It's possible to induction charge the battery if it's placed in the correct position on top of a florescent strip light.
It's how phones are charged in prisons
Castle Locks
196 London rd
Hadleigh
Essex
SS7 2PD
castle.locks@btinternet.com
01702 555557
http://www.castle-locks.org.uk
ponsaloti
Registered Trader
Registered Trader

Postby Jucifer » Mon May 25, 2020 1:34 pm

Got a new battery kit and changed over still not working.
My next guess is it could be the drivers door actuator that's knackered, although I'm not sure how much the drivers door actuator would affect both the rear door and side sliding door from locking/unlocking.
Jucifer
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby bortaf » Mon May 25, 2020 3:40 pm

Jucifer wrote:Got a new battery kit and changed over still not working.
My next guess is it could be the drivers door actuator that's knackered, although I'm not sure how much the drivers door actuator would affect both the rear door and side sliding door from locking/unlocking.

My Drivers door actuator doesn't work at all for lock or unlock but all the rest do inc the rear C/L although mine isn't a van it all still works fine except the Dr door which doesnt affect the rets ?
Current fleet
Mk7 transit ambulance
Mk1 tourneo connect
Mk1 Mondeo 1.8 STD
Mk5 fiesta 1.25
Fusion 1.4TDCi
bortaf
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Jucifer » Fri May 29, 2020 12:05 pm

bortaf wrote:
Jucifer wrote:Got a new battery kit and changed over still not working.

My Drivers door actuator doesn't work at all for lock or unlock but all the rest do inc the rear C/L although mine isn't a van it all still works fine except the Dr door which doesnt affect the rets ?

On my last van the actuator was knackered on the side loading door but all other doors were fine on central locking I think it's gonna be a case of working my way around figuring out what it could be.
Jucifer
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits