*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

C1A93-14 right rear wheel speed sensor

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: C1A93-14 right rear wheel speed sensor

Postby kev100 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:00 pm

knobby1 wrote:
kev100 wrote:Do I also need to do an injector pilot correction learn routine too ?

Yes, this is a must do item as the system needs calibration after fitting new injectors. If not done it will never run well.

You need to reset the PRV couter values, then do pump, pilot and injector learns. If the SCV and PRV aren't well, it won't pass successfully.

Lord Knobrot

Excellent, thanks for the advice .. will get on it tomorrow.

Cheers
Kev
kev100
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kev100 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:56 pm

knobby1 wrote:
kev100 wrote:Do I also need to do an injector pilot correction learn routine too ?

Yes, this is a must do item as the system needs calibration after fitting new injectors. If not done it will never run well.

You need to reset the PRV couter values, then do pump, pilot and injector learns. If the SCV and PRV aren't well, it won't pass successfully.

Lord Knobrot

So tried to do the pump learn, and it keeps stopping at 46%, tried it 4 times now ans stopping at the same place every time ... any suggestions ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kev100
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kev100 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Got the pump sorted now
kev100
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kev100 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:16 pm

Update to the ABS warning lights on, I changed the sensor on the rear right for a new one, checked the wiring and all is good, but still have the light on, after I cleared the codes, so something else is going on thats not the sensor or the wiring at the rear,

when I drive all the other 3 sensors are reading correctly in forscan, but the RR is reading zero.

Any idea's on my next course of action

p.s. I am assuming rear right is offside rear

Cheers
Kev
kev100
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby loot » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:12 pm

Jack the back up and spin each wheel in turn with the live data on and hope that it is enough to show a reading, it will confirm that 1 side works and that rr is driver rear. It should be.

You must then have a break in the abs wheel circuit between the sensor and the module.
WSS RR
RR+ is white /orange. ABS connector Connector 1 pin 8
RR- is brown. ABS connector 1 pin 29

Done it yet? :P
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby kev100 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:35 pm

loot wrote:Jack the back up and spin each wheel in turn with the live data on and hope that it is enough to show a reading, it will confirm that 1 side works and that rr is driver rear. It should be.

You must then have a break in the abs wheel circuit between the sensor and the module.
WSS RR
RR+ is white /orange. ABS connector Connector 1 pin 8
RR- is brown. ABS connector 1 pin 29

Done it yet? :P

Cheers Loot, will get on it when I get 5 mins ..
kev100
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm

knobby1 wrote:
andz327 wrote:Ma abs spat the dummy oot today , nsr abs ring elfookod

ANDZ

Is it fixed yet..?? :wink: :mrgreen:

Lord Knobrot
Aye siliconed it back on ....... Mint

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:46 pm

kev100 wrote:
knobby1 wrote:
kev100 wrote:Just on another note, I have bought 4 new injectors and will replace the old ones .. I understand they need to be coded ... is the FORscan software able to code the injectors ?

Yes..! :mrgreen:

Lord Knobrot

All injectors fitted and programmed in, tourqued the bolts down to 6 and 180, on the way back home engine rattling like a bag of nails, one of the bolts came loose ... had to pull over, get a lift home then come back and sort the bolt out .. frustrated, but all ok now .. sounds and feels well smoth now ... need to wait for a frosty morning so I can test the remote engine start to see if it starts and keeps running, cutting out and not defrosting my van was one of the reasons for the change of injectors (along with rough tickover and rough running sometimes).

Do I also need to do an injector pilot correction learn routine too ?

Checked all wires to the ABS sensors and they all look good, so probably a sensor, will remove it over the weekend and do some tests, but may just get a replacement anyway.
The bolt hadn't come loose , clamp has caught an edge on the injectors that gives you a false sense of everything tightened then it eventually comes of edge and everything is instantly loose and engine sounds as though it's destroying it's self

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby kev100 » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:43 pm

So finally got round to sorting the ABS fault, after a bit of investigation, found that the conduit from front to rear containing the sensor wires had been split in several locations up to the front connecter, then taped up with green tape, which made me though that there had been a problem before with the wires and the splits were access for fault finding.

started at tthe front by the plug under the ABS pump, pulled the plug, and a load of water cam out of the conduit, thats when I knew this is where the issue is, sure enough, a previous repair had deteriorated and disintegrated because of the water, stripped the wires, repaired, taped up well and made waterproof ... ABS lights out now.

So anybody else with ABS and ESP lights on, check continuity on all wiring front to back first, its a cheap fix if a wire is broken.

Thanks everybody for the help.
kev100
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits