*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Auxiliary Battery Voltage

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Auxiliary Battery Voltage

Postby rossco_pb » Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:53 pm

Had my first experience of the Auxiliary battery going a bit flat in my Mk7 and realised that the charging setup in my camper does not recharge this battery at all from the solar panels that are fitted, ie they only feed the Cranking battery. Have done a couple of things to combat this that may be of interest to others in a similar situation. The first being the fitting of a 5amp Schottky diode connected from Cranking to Auxiliary so that any solar charge also feeds the Aux battery and also bought this el-cheapo voltage/temp/USB charger that I plug into the dash 12v socket so I can see at a glance what the battery voltage is at (Cranking and Aux combined as they now joined at the hip). So yes it is only a 5amp diode but is all I had lying around and yes both Cranking and Aux can be discharged if I were to leave something heavy duty turned on over night but the plus is the solar will charge up both batteries now and I have instant visibility of vehicle battery voltage level :-)

12v Aux voltage.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"there is always one..."

2009 2.4TD 140ps Duratorq, LWB dual rear wheel
2000 2.4TD 120ps Duratorq, LWB dual rear wheel - 3 tonne campervan
rossco_pb
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits