*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Led light bar

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Led light bar

Postby Steve192 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi guys, this has probably been asked a million times.

I’m looking at getting a light bar, or 2 on my mk7 swb low roof. I don’t want it to be too visible from the front. Has anyone got any pics of there they have fitted? I don’t want it high. Was thinking maybe in the footwell bits on the front bumper, then I could kind of use them as fogs as my van doesn’t have them.

Maybe there’s a round set that would fit perfectly where the fog lights go and I could make a bracket for them to go there :idea:

Anyone got any pics, and suggestions of which ones to buy?

Cheers
Steve192
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Led light bar

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:39 pm

Try the Lazers, my neighbour has them on his Defender and they're ridiculously bright, none of them will be any good as fogs though, they don't have a flat enough beam.....because they designed to be driving lights. This is what he has https://www.lazerlamps.com/home/lights/ ... iple-r-750
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby pippin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:00 pm

I have a MK7. It's a motorcaravan with physically high level front and rear marker lights in addition to the standard sides and rears.

I always drive on dipped as 5w sidies are as much use as candles. "See and be seen" from both front and rear is my motto.

However I seem to be forever changing headlamp bulbs and they are also discolouring the headlight plastic lenses.

I bought a L&R pair of foglight brackets from Ebay. The bumper already has the mountings for them.

I bought a pair of OEM Ford foglights that came with both H4 lamps and LED lamps. Also from Ebay.

All I need to do now is cut out the pre-marked round holes in the bumper and mount them.

I intend to use the LED lamps which take very little current as DLRs, wired into the side lights.

If you fit those light bars mentioned in the reply post - I hope you use them only off-road as they would surely dazzle oncoming traffic!

Ebay links:

PAIR OF FRONT FOG LIGHT LAMP BRACKET FORD TRANSIT MK7 1387138 1387139 2006-2014 (this seller has sold out but they cost me only £13 the pair!)

100W OEM LED Front Fog Lights | Compatible With Ford Transit Mk7/Mk8 2006-2018 Item https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292787048566. (I paid £40 but they have gone up!)

Hope this helps.
pippin
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Mike » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 pm

pippin wrote:If you fit those light bars mentioned in the reply post - I hope you use them only off-road as they would surely dazzle oncoming traffic!.

They're to be used as spotlights, ie connected to main beam, so dazzling other road users isn't an issue.

pippin wrote:I bought a pair of OEM Ford foglights that came with both H4 lamps and LED lamps.
I intend to use the LED lamps which take very little current as DLRs, wired into the side lights.

What is an offence though is using fog lights when visibility is more than 100m. So you might want to rethink your plan as your so concerned about dazzling other road users.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby pippin » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:36 pm

I take all your points Mike - you are quite right.

I will try not to be unhelpul in future.
pippin
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits