*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk6 engine mount

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk6 engine mount

Postby Scooby doo » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:45 am

T300 2.0 di fwd ,tho will be the same across the range
I’m after the box section the engine mounts to,
Mines all rotted through and need to get it done soon
If anyone can point me in the right direction for parts or what the part is called I’d be most grateful
Shall try and get a pic up for tonight
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Mk6 engine mount

Postby dieselhead123 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:09 pm

Hi there, the mounting at the engine end, driver's side, was changed about 2003, is the mounting that side steel or ally?

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:44 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:Hi there, the mounting at the engine end, driver's side, was changed about 2003, is the mounting that side steel or ally?

TIM

Id say its the chassis leg by other posts Tim :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:00 am

As promised tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby dieselhead123 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:36 pm

bambi mk 1 wrote:
dieselhead123 wrote:Hi there, the mounting at the engine end, driver's side, was changed about 2003, is the mounting that side steel or ally?

TIM

Id say its the chassis leg by other posts Tim :wink:

Indeed it is Bambie, but the top plate of the leg is different according to early or late engine mountings on the FWD Mk6. When the mounts changed from early steel type to the later ally type the bolt pattern of the mounting where it fixes to the chassis also changed, so when replacing the top part of the leg it is important to fit the correct one.
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:44 pm

Scooby doo wrote:As promised tim

Just downloaded the pics Scooby, I will edit them and repost on here highlighting the area I think you have referred to.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Scooby doo » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:55 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:
Scooby doo wrote:As promised tim

Just downloaded the pics Scooby, I will edit them and repost on here highlighting the area I think you have referred to.

TIM

Thanks Tim
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Any decent welders around in the high Wycombe area, well, can do around within 50 miles, regular to Northamptonshire, beds and yarmouth if anyone around, getting desperate now to get this welding sorted...
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:07 pm

Bumping up this post as now I really need it doing before it collapses all together
Must be someone out there willing to help, I can help with making tea and ordering dominos too, plus cash in someone’s pocket will help them out..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby colingo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Just looking at these pictures and if it was mine i would scrap it. The cost of repairing this would be massive and not something you could do with the engine in. Looks like the inner wing needs replacing aswell as the chassis legs and when you strip it down it will get worse.
colingo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Scooby doo » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:22 pm

colingo wrote:Just looking at these pictures and if it was mine i would scrap it. The cost of repairing this would be massive and not something you could do with the engine in. Looks like the inner wing needs replacing aswell as the chassis legs and when you strip it down it will get worse.

Don’t have that luxury pal, my current situation has forced me into full time living in the van, it’s a hole I can’t get out of,
Rest of the van has been done in the past, cab back it’s all been rewelded, the spot under the engine mount was done 2yrs ago and he looked like stevie wonder when he did it, just need it now properly sorting out once and for all..
Must be someone out there who can tackle this for me?
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby colingo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Sorry to here of your situation, i will be in a van around December due to a coercive controlling wife. Im currently welding my van and its relentless, having replaced both inner and outer arches both sides plus repair plates on the nearside chassis leg. Based on the hours i spent on that alone it i would hate to think how much it would cost. im now doiing inner sill repairs while i have access to my workshop and equipment and i havnt even started the inside properly. If you can try to find someone with a disused farm building thats dry and start to strip it down yourself. Get your call for help out on Van Life forums etc, I think youll get better response there as people there tend to rally together and help where possible. Good luck mate.
colingo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Scooby doo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:27 pm

Cheers pal..
I by no means would choose this situation, can’t afford rent down here as it’s almost £600 just for a room, I do love my van, yes it needs work, it’s a transit after all, a guy done a poor job of fixing it for me two years ago and now it’s at that stage where it’s holding up with will power, I know it’s going to be expensive and I do have cash on the hip ready to pay someone, cab back the van spent almost 6mths getting welded and it be a shame to send it off just yet when I can put the time and money in to keeping her on the road, I do have another car, but that’s in bits in Bolton atm so can’t even use that..
I can save around a grand a month and get me a semi decent sport in new year, but know full well this old girl won’t make it.
I did ask Dieselhead beginning of the year but never heard back.
Quite willing to prepare meself to loose the old girl for a week while it gets done and crash out in a hotel till it’s done, this van just ain’t my daily, it’s also my house.
Spoke to another few companies today and all I get is nah I don’t touch transits...
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:01 pm

Well, managed to get my first quote today, £9-1200, steep I know, but time is short, and Iv had more rejections than I have had holes in my socks...
Shall find out Friday when we can get booked in..
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby colingo » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:18 pm

Hi, is that for them to replaced the lower chassis rails or just to plate over. my concern and by all means tell me to bog off is if all theyre going to do is patch repair the chassis rails then thats a huge amount of money for what is only a temporary repair and i would lay money on the fact next year youll need more welding in the same area. Was it an MOT failure that alerted you to this, has someone had a really good look underneath Ie the attaching structure like inner wings etc. The reason i ask is when i started mine back in feb this year the van failed the mot on abit of welding at the front previous owner quoted about £300 to sort, well im still at it now in august. Where are you based now.
colingo
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits