*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Euro 5 standing fuel rail pressure KPA

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Euro 5 standing fuel rail pressure KPA

Postby C & S direct » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:23 am

Can someone help with the standing pressure of the fuel system?

It's in relation to a euro 5 engine, I'm presuming the same pressures regardless of rwd or fwd, mine is MK7 rwd anyway.

Could someone help with this, even if it's hooking up to ForScan etc of your van to test the pressure first thing in the morning before it's started?

If anyone who has a good known van with correct tick over I'd really appreciate the information.

I have an air leak into my system, tracked it to the fuel filter housing, hoping I've fixed it before having to go to Ford for a new one :x

My current pressure drop from 31000/32000 running @ 1000rpm which is desired by the ecu (2012 software) to 140/120kpa after standing for 10 min. left over night drops to zero.

Thank you for the help in advance.
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Euro 5 standing fuel rail pressure KPA

Postby knobby1 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:22 pm

Non running overnight pressure will be zero.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Frag » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:16 am

If you suspect an air leak at the fuel filter housing,I’d expect a fuel leak as the in tank pump means it’s under pressure up to injection pump while engine is running.
Never changed a stage 5 filter housing.....
If you put your head near fuel tank,get someone to turn ignition on you should hear pump run for 30 seconds.
Or,remove the fuel feed pipe off injection pump,(the one with Schrader valve in) turn ignition on,should get a good flow of fuel for 30 secs till pump stops,or ignition turned off.
Frag
Ford Technician

Postby C & S direct » Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:16 pm

Thank you both for the reply

I've removed the filter, complete body, looped all the connections with pipe and a hand pump in-between two connection, on circulating the fuel I could here air being sucked in narrowed it down to the bleed crew at the bottom, attempted to get it to seal but couldn't, I suspect it's at fault.

Regardless to stop the messing around I picked up a new complete body from Ford yesterday, this circulated perfect no issues etc.

Now fitted to the van, started lovely no issue yesterday afternoon, and engine sounded completely different running.

Gone to start it this morning, turned over for about 5 time then fired with a split second of knock, settle instantly. Afterwards starts perfect from then and running sound is perfect compared to before housing changed.

The pick up pump is working fine, turns on for 30 seconds and switches off as Frag said.

Looked for fuel leaks and can't find any as of yet, only place I'm yet to look is on top of tank, at present it is full of fuel so will get around to this.

The engine has been rebuilt, timing spot on, has new pump n injectors.

I have a question, the ecu has a desired auxiliary rpm of 1000, I've read this is a software issue for the 2012 euro 5 rwd, something along the line's of the pto take off needs to be set to non, I've already sent this to van turner in the post, so should be done, although he didn't do the live PCM update. The software currently on the ecu is CC11-14C204-DHR, could you tell me if there is a known issue with the 2012 PCM update, would wrong fuel pressures cause a higher rpm request, or sensor being out of range etc.

Thank you guys once again.
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby C & S direct » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:09 pm

Update

I reset the high pressure fuel pump figures yesterday before going out for work. Now pump learn done and after a short drive cycle, drivability dramatically improved. This morning engine starts and sounds 95% better than ever, but still has 5 rotation for first fire of day, no slight knock, but still has the desired 1000rpm. Help with this from Tech would be great even if it needs to be a PM etc. I just need this van to be 100% so I can keep on with this current pandemic issue, what a life time we are living :(

All the best keep safe.
Last edited by C & S direct on Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby C & S direct » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:34 pm

sorry messed up with this post on the tread needs deleting
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 3:28 am

What is C&S Direct ??

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby C & S direct » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:54 pm

andz327 wrote:What is C&S Direct ??

Not sure what you're referring too, but if it's the mistake, I was trying to edit my post not quote one from the thread, just said it needs deleting from the thread but couldn't find where to do it myself. Other than that I don't understand the question sorry.
C & S direct
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby andz327 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:02 am

C & S direct wrote:

Not sure what you're referring too, but if it's the mistake, I was trying to edit my post not quote one from the thread, just said it needs deleting from the thread but couldn't find where to do it myself. Other than that I don't understand the question sorry.
YOUR NAME / USER NAME ....
C&S DIRECT........ WONDERING WHAT KINDC OF COMPANY C&S DIRECT IS ???????

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:34 am

C & S direct wrote:

Is it a secret....... C&S DIRECT.....
Its a strange user name, just curious what the company is ??????

andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits