*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

No power / won’t rev

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: No power / won’t rev

Postby Ncarter » Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:59 pm

Evening all,

Been doing a bit of reading, almost every time it throws up two codes.

With mine only showing the one code would that likely mean it’s not the solenoid and likely the pump itself?

Solenoids seem to be about £160, I’ve found a few refurbished pumps with warranty for £350/£400, so I’m thinking what is the better option?
Ncarter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Ncarter » Sun Jul 05, 2020 1:46 pm

So I’ve been doing a lot of searching and as I only have the one fault code it’s pointing to the timing solenoid being at fault.
I’ve found a couple of places which sell them, £170 new. I have found a couple used, one for £65 and apparently working/tested and the other £77 which has been tested on a rig they use plus comes with 6 months warranty. The only thing they state is I cannot solder the wires together, I have to crimp them or I void their warranty. I am thinking this is the route to go, just in case it’s not the solenoid I don’t fancy spending near £200 to then have to replace the pump any way.
Does crimping make any difference?
Ncarter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Ncarter » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:21 pm

Well I finally got round to changing the solenoid, what a pig it is to get at.
Decided to a genuine part, i was only getting the one code and after talking to several different people, including a ex ford tech, they all advised that as I only had the one code it was almost certainly the solenoid that had failed. Took me the best part of the day, but it’s satisfying knowing I saved on labour and also being able to complete it myself. I did have to take a break, one of the bolts wasn’t moving for buggery, I didn’t wanna round it off.
Ncarter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby spudmab » Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:01 pm

Ncarter wrote:Well I finally got round to changing the solenoid, what a pig it is to get at.
Decided to a genuine part, i was only getting the one code and after talking to several different people, including a ex ford tech, they all advised that as I only had the one code it was almost certainly the solenoid that had failed. Took me the best part of the day, but it’s satisfying knowing I saved on labour and also being able to complete it myself. I did have to take a break, one of the bolts wasn’t moving for buggery, I didn’t wanna round it off.
So has it made any difference,

i have the same codes showing up, my egr is blanked of sk not fussed about that, the fuel timing solenoid is the one that is bothering me.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
spudmab
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Ncarter » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:50 pm

Hi, yes cured the problem. Van is now running as well as it did before, if not better.
Ncarter
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits