*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Intercooler pipes no pressure on them

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Intercooler pipes no pressure on them

Postby 02 transit » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:57 pm

Jim Archer wrote:It won't show much in the way of boost unloaded, only way is to fit a boost gauge.

Jim
Where do I fit the boost gauge like a pressure gauge to the egr not well up at that

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk
02 transit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:07 pm

02 transit wrote:
Jim Archer wrote:It won't show much in the way of boost unloaded, only way is to fit a boost gauge.

Jim
Where do I fit the boost gauge like a pressure gauge to the egr not well up at that

I fitted in the the inlet manifold, been the several years now, works fine. Free revving shows little to no boost unless the engine is loaded.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ned » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:37 pm

Fit the gauge inside the van and fit the take off somewhere along the boost path from the turbo, I've fitted a metal pipe to the boost pipe with a take off nipple (oower mrs) for the pipe to fit onto.
IMG_20200223_165102.jpg

At idle you won't see any boost, when driving you'll see the boost rise to about 10 - 15 psi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 02 transit » Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:48 pm

ned wrote:Fit the gauge inside the van and fit the take off somewhere along the boost path from the turbo, I've fitted a metal pipe to the boost pipe with a take off nipple (oower mrs) for the pipe to fit onto.
IMG_20200223_165102.jpg

At idle you won't see any boost, when driving you'll see the boost rise to about 10 - 15 psi
Oh I see what you mean looks the part so the pips wouldn't have pressure until van is driving makes sense why would you think that my van doesn't feel like it is down on power if you have any idea's would be much appreciated thanks

02 transit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ned » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:01 pm

Could be a number of reasons why your low on power, what's the power output of the engine?

Last serviced Inc fuel filter, split boost pipes, blocked or cracked intake manifold, faulty injectors/pump, timing out slightly, faulty turbo/actuator......

Your best getting yourself an elm327 and download forscan to a laptop, you can then read any error codes and get live data while driving, thus should be able to point to where the fault lies

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 02 transit » Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 pm

ned wrote:Could be a number of reasons why your low on power, what's the power output of the engine?

Last serviced Inc fuel filter, split boost pipes, blocked or cracked intake manifold, faulty injectors/pump, timing out slightly, faulty turbo/actuator......

Your best getting yourself an elm327 and download forscan to a laptop, you can then read any error codes and get live data while driving, thus should be able to point to where the fault lies
Yea it could be anything but I checked pipes cleaned intercooler cleaned egr took of intake manafold though was split I glued all it but the actuator on turbo seem hard to move are you suppose to see the actuator move when you start or rev the van your right about the scan on it I appreciate that

02 transit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 02 transit » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:52 pm

02 transit wrote:
ned wrote:Could be a number of reasons why your low on power, what's the power output of the engine?

Yea it could be anything but I checked pipes cleaned intercooler cleaned egr took of intake manafold though was split I glued all it but the actuator on turbo seem hard to move are you suppose to see the actuator move when you start or rev the van your right about the scan on it I appreciate that

Hi thanks to the help I got from lads on the site my van down on power I got a diagnostic done on it and the code p1664 solinide on the pump is faulty anyone recommend the best place to buy one

02 transit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby ned » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:38 pm

Try PF Jones or Tpuk

ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 02 transit » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:28 pm

02 transit wrote:
02 transit wrote:

Hi thanks to the help I got from lads on the site my van down on power I got a diagnostic done on it and the code p1664 solinide on the pump is faulty anyone recommend the best place to buy one

Hi all back again my van was down on power a friend done a digo said the selonide on the pump was faulty but after a while it start getting power back not fully but not far off one other guy said it wasn't the selonide said it was electronic problem the van won't start on first go but second time it will start every time anyone any idea's if feels like second gear it won't pull full power but other gears are great

02 transit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby 02 transit » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:38 pm

02 transit wrote:
02 transit wrote:
02 transit wrote:[quote="ned"]Could be a number of reasons why your low on power, what's the power output of the engine?

Hi all back again my van was down on power a friend done a digo said the selonide on the pump was faulty but after a while it start getting power back not fully but not far off one other guy said it wasn't the selonide said it was electronic problem the van won't start on first go but second time it will start every time anyone any idea's if feels like second gear it won't pull full power but other gears are great

Sent from my MRD-LX1 using Tapatalk[/quote]Hi all if the egr valve on my 2002 transit lwb is not working does that effect the van starting and would it effect power it won't start first time in the morning and sometimes it pulls fine and sometimes it won't go full throttle I taught it was the selonide on the pump but if it was that I don't think it would be intermittent

02 transit
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits