*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear brake hose union size

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Rear brake hose union size

Postby Tcollings » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:02 am

Hi guys,

I noticed I had of brake fluid around the connector between the brake hose and brake lines on my rear axle the other day. I thought it best practice to replace the hose and lines as they were starting to rust anyway and would probably be flagged up in the next mot. I hadn't intended to replace the lines running down the chassis, however one of the unions running into the brake hose stripped its thread when undid it (it must have been seized as it required a hell of a lot of force in the work bench to get it undone).

It's the larger of the two, and I'm struggling to find a replacement. I found a diagram online which says its M12 and thats what I measured it to be, with a 1mm thread, but the one i've order doesn't fit. Does anyone know what size it is and where I might be able to find a replacement? The old one with the damaged thread is back on there atm, but should probably be replaced with a matter of urgency.

The van is Mk6 LWB RWD 2.4 Duratorq TDDI.

Cheers,

Tom
2001 mk6 LWB Duratorq 2.4L RWD
Tcollings
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits