*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Power steering pipe

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Power steering pipe

Postby Scooby doo » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:57 pm

Just for you andz
Not bad for £1.50 and I did have the correct fluid, it was red in the tank before and that’s what I replaced it with...
She’s a lil notchy now and again which I’m assuming is bit of air in the system so I’ll bleed her up this arvo..I will order me a new pipe ready as I know when this goes again be nice to have it ready to go on..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby andz327 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:55 pm

Scooby doo wrote:Just for you andz
Not bad for £1.50 and I did have the correct fluid, it was red in the tank before and that’s what I replaced it with...
She’s a lil notchy now and again which I’m assuming is bit of air in the system so I’ll bleed her up this arvo..I will order me a new pipe ready as I know when this goes again be nice to have it ready to go on..
Am liking your work mucker

ANDZ
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Tonkato » Sat May 08, 2021 12:01 pm

Hi, regarding leaking power steering pipe, the M4 bolt that holds the two pipes together in the plastic clamp. This bolt corrodes and then the iron oxide drops onto the aluminium pipe, eating into it to give pin holes. After changing the pipe, I fitted a stainless steel bolt to avoid further corrosion, plus wax oil.
Tonkato

Postby Tonkato » Mon May 10, 2021 9:33 am

I forgot to mention that my van is a 65 plate trend. Engine blew up at only 73k. Even though it had extra oil changes than necessary. I originally thought power steering pipes were damaged during engine change, but having a good look at the pipe ,this was not the case. Corrosion was definitely the cause.
Tonkato

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits