*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New van with a 6 speed conversion not complete mk7

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

New van with a 6 speed conversion not complete mk7

Postby Robbiektm » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:10 pm

Hi, I have recently bought a 2008 mk7 110 trend with a 6 speed gearbox, at first I thought it came like that out the factory. However no reverse lights and cruise control not working made me wonder. Cruise control i can deal with later. But no reverse lights is a biggie. Need for mot and reverse camera. How can I get them to work. Cant find a definite solution anywhere. Any help appreciated. Thanks
Robbiektm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: New van with a 6 speed conversion not complete mk7

Postby knobby1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:42 pm

Reverse light switch is an easy fix on a FWD. Check the wiring to/from it first in case it's broken. Have you checked the fuse..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Robbiektm » Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:15 pm

Thanks for the reply. The switch with the wee ball thing on it is broken off. I've got a replacement there to fit. The only wiring I can see in that area isn't plugged into anything, and I can't see where the cables go. Unfortunately there is no walk-through for this that I can find so I'm kind of looking into the dark. The cables are covered in some sort of tin looking sheathing. The only reason I ask this question is I've been looking online for information regarding the plugs if they are cross compatible with an originally 5speed engine.
Robbiektm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:28 am

Robbiektm wrote:Thanks for the reply. The switch with the wee ball thing on it is broken off. I've got a replacement there to fit. The only wiring I can see in that area isn't plugged into anything, and I can't see where the cables go. Unfortunately there is no walk-through for this that I can find so I'm kind of looking into the dark. The cables are covered in some sort of tin looking sheathing. The only reason I ask this question is I've been looking online for information regarding the plugs if they are cross compatible with an originally 5speed engine.

5speed gearbox, shift mechanism, cables and gear lever mechanism in the dash is different.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Robbiektm » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:18 am

knobby1 wrote:
Robbiektm wrote:Thanks for the reply. The switch with the wee ball thing on it is broken off. I've got a replacement there to fit. The only wiring I can see in that area isn't plugged into anything, and I can't see where the cables go. Unfortunately there is no walk-through for this that I can find so I'm kind of looking into the dark. The cables are covered in some sort of tin looking sheathing. The only reason I ask this question is I've been looking online for information regarding the plugs if they are cross compatible with an originally 5speed engine.

5speed gearbox, shift mechanism, cables and gear lever mechanism in the dash is different.

Lord Knobrot

I'm assuming some of it has been done correctly, the van does drive quite well ( minus everything else ) the cruise control doesn't work, no reverse lights, also a wet pipe going into the gearbox. When I bought the van I focused so much on it being structurally sound that I didn't look into any of this. Also was under the impression its was a factory 6 speed. Kinda gutted with the way its turned out. Only have a few months to fix it for mot
Robbiektm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby andz327 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:25 pm

Tell me about wet pipe into gearbox

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:33 pm

andz327 wrote:Tell me about wet pipe into gearbox

Am assuming it's the clutch slave line..?? The only other "line" I can think of is the breather.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Robbiektm » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm

knobby1 wrote:
andz327 wrote:Tell me about wet pipe into gearbox

Am assuming it's the clutch slave line..?? The only other "line" I can think of is the breather.

Yes, sorry. I did put a separate post regarding the clutch slave line. Seems to be weeping behind the fuel filter area. Being the original 5 speed van. I've purchased a 6 speed line.

Lord Knobrot
Robbiektm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby southcoaster » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:12 pm

The pipe that goes to the gearbox - does anyone know if the small O ring is metric or imperial? Can't seem to get it on without it leaking.
southcoaster
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:39 pm

southcoaster wrote:The pipe that goes to the gearbox - does anyone know if the small O ring is metric or imperial? Can't seem to get it on without it leaking.

Will be metric. Not much on the Transit is imperial.

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:19 am

southcoaster wrote:The pipe that goes to the gearbox - does anyone know if the small O ring is metric or imperial? Can't seem to get it on without it leaking.
Its not an Oring thats your problem and why i asked about weeping pipe, ford call it a plug, sometimes it sticks in the slave cylinder when you pull pipe out and people think Oring has fell off but the *plug* is stuck in the old slave cylinder ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:25 am

Does cruise light come on for a second or 2 when you switch ignition on??

andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:53 pm

HELLO

andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Robbiektm » Sat May 01, 2021 8:56 am

andz327 wrote:
HELLO

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm sure it does come on. Just can't activate it when driving along. I thought it may be a speed sensor or something but can't find any information about where it is or what it looks like. Thanks
Robbiektm
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby andz327 » Sat May 01, 2021 8:47 pm

Robbiektm wrote:
andz327 wrote:
HELLO

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm sure it does come on. Just can't activate it when driving along. I thought it may be a speed sensor or something but can't find any information about where it is or what it looks like. Thanks
Did you get clutch sorted

andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Next

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits