*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 2.2FWD 2008 TDCI

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 2.2FWD 2008 TDCI

Postby RJay101 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:47 pm

Good evening all,

hoping someone can shed some light on this or advise me were to look.. so here's the story
My van was smoking heavy on start up and was turning over a bit, was never instant start up regardless, would turn over on first key turn (most of the time) but engine would try start for around 10 to 15 seconds, then puff out the holy smoke of Jesus reincarnation, but would clear up once engine was warm.
but mean while the engine would surge until it was warm enough to run on its own nicely!
(i have posted before about this) -
However, I've noticed air getting into the pipes from fuel filter housing ( yes its seated properly) use a bit of Greece on the rubber to slide it up and lock it in,
i did take the injectors out to give them a little check over and clean, and in the process of putting new gaskets o rings ect on rocker cover and fuel lines,
i will re seat the injectors too with the tool, but i did put them back in quickly to double check the air situation . . . ok perhaps they were not seated properly the second time i put them in but was at spec of tightness on clamp bolts - noticed more air coming into the see through pipe like big gaps of air and fuel,
i have since pulled all injectors back out and removed the rocker cover just waiting for the new parts to arrive and reseat them fully,
but while I'm there i want to do the steam seal valves i've been told it's possible to do without removing the head providing i get the tools to do it,
is it really possible though? as I'm thinking that oil might be sitting on once of the seals and there's perhaps a small gap that's sucking the oil in on start up as its been sitting there overnight then dragged into the chamber on start up?! so might as well give that ago while I'm there,
Finally (And sorry) for the essay above!!
the person who owned the van before me has stripped of the socket part of the oil filter housing, I've tried the old-school strap tool and put so much pressure on it my elbow felt like it was going to pop of, is it pressured by the oil in the van - meaning do i need to empty all engine oil to remove this bloody thing.. if not i will drill through it and whack a screwdriver through to hope i can turn it!! nightmare

thank you kindly
Ryan
RJay101
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits