*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

stability control light/ power loss

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

stability control light/ power loss

Postby biggreentipper » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:38 pm

ok, so I have a 2.4 tipper, yesterday I had a new control valve put on the pump due to it stalling and I also had the front brakes done, driving home from the garage all was ok until the stability control light came on and the power dropped it also now stalls when Put into reverse???

please help me :(
biggreentipper

Re: stability control light/ power loss

Postby knobby1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:20 am

biggreentipper wrote:ok, so I have a 2.4 tipper, yesterday I had a new control valve put on the pump due to it stalling and I also had the front brakes done, driving home from the garage all was ok until the stability control light came on and the power dropped it also now stalls when Put into reverse???

please help me :(

Mk6 or Mk6..?? Assuming it's a Mk7 due to the Stability Control light. By "Control valve" I assume you mean the SCV..?? If so was the PRV replaced also..?? And were the learns done afterwards..??

Have you had the codes read.??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby biggreentipper » Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:35 am

Yes a mk7, PRV wasn’t done . Learns?

Thanks for the reply
biggreentipper

Postby knobby1 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:53 am

biggreentipper wrote:Yes a mk7, PRV wasn’t done . Learns?

Thanks for the reply

Normally when the SCV is changed, the PRV is also changed....If the SCV is faulty it can overpressurize the system and take the PRV with it.

If the learns weren't done it will never run properly. If any part of the fuel system is repaired or replaced, the learns should be done to re-calibrate everything back to datum.

Check the PRV isn't blown, it's a common cause of frequent stalling.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby biggreentipper » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:35 am

Ended up just being the stability control sensor had dislodged. The control valve replacement from the previous job has worked without any additional works needed. Thanks for your help
biggreentipper

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits