*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Coolant bubbling when warmed up -

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Coolant bubbling when warmed up -

Postby beanis » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:01 am

Hi guys

2013 2.2 FWD Euro 5 van here

I have noticed that when the van is warmed up the coolant is slowly bubbling. It doesn't seem to be boiling or anything, but the bubbles are steady and consistent. is this normal to have a few bubbles consistently once warm?

No overheating of engine, no error codes on OBD reader and the van drives well.

I have ordered a new expansion tank cap as the current one has to be pulled out with pliers as has broken, and I have ordered a head gasket testing kit off ebay.

The only other thing I have noticed is that on a long trip the other day it developed a engine wobble between 30mph and 40mph under acceleration. It didn't happen when not accelerating, so i am pretty sure wast he engine being strange. And now it's gone, after I left the van over night.

Finally, I should mention that the previous owner has done a 'remap, and egr and dpf delete' (his words) which I have no real idea if was just telling the computer to not open EGR or having it plated (and my garage couldn't tell me either or didn't seem to care)

Also - if anyone knows of a DECENT garage in Manchester UK that actually fixes stuff and doesn't just say 'oh I can't connect to the codes as the fuse keeps blowing in the obd circuit' (which I fixed myself as a shorted interior light thanks to this forum, in 10 mins, and I'm not a trained mechanic) - please tell me!
beanis
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits