*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Code reading and learns

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Code reading and learns

Postby Scooby doo » Fri May 28, 2021 10:19 am

ned wrote:Sounds like you’ve bought one of lucifers offspring :lol: :lol: could just be a coincidence but not having a genuine 2micron ford filter doesn’t help, at least it’s running, have you been for a drive, a good run to clear it’s lines might help.

Did they use the correct oil grade? I find anything thicker then 5w30 the van runs like sh*t when cold, I’m sure once the prv and scv are changed and learns done it’ll run like a dream again.

That’s the thing Ned, I thought you know, I’ll let the ‘experts’ do the first service and I’ll carry on from there…
No idea if they used correct grade oil neither, tho she’s sweet at cold, just once she’s been running five minutes she basically goes into limp mode, then when you try and gas her she coughs, let off the gas and she cuts out, starts back up fine and ticks over, but as soon as you go for the gas it does it again…
Don’t dare take her for a spin, for one that reason, and two matey done a sh*t half arse job of a clutch change..
I might just say you know, fook it, I’ll splash out and treat her to new injectors anyway, replace the prv and scv as I have that already, just really spoil her…
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:53 am

Right replaced the prv and the scv, vans a lot better, don’t cut out no more, on tick over, a lil bit of hunting but nothing drastic, will run forscan in a bit and see what the pressure is doing this time, but all in, I’m in the right direction
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:03 pm

Scooby doo wrote:Right replaced the prv and the scv, vans a lot better, don’t cut out no more, on tick over, a lil bit of hunting but nothing drastic, will run forscan in a bit and see what the pressure is doing this time, but all in, I’m in the right direction

Be sure to run the learns or she'll never run right.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Sat Jun 26, 2021 6:03 am

knobby1 wrote:
Scooby doo wrote:Right replaced the prv and the scv, vans a lot better, don’t cut out no more, on tick over, a lil bit of hunting but nothing drastic, will run forscan in a bit and see what the pressure is doing this time, but all in, I’m in the right direction

Be sure to run the learns or she'll never run right.

Lord Knobrot

Will do knobby, I’m sure it’s easy enough to figure out on forscan..pointers always help, I am still learning
Is it worth changing the one on the side of the pump, the one with two Allen key bolts on or not, I know I ain’t done the learns yet just noticed she sits on 20k Kpra and fluctuates with the revs over the 50 rpm difference which can be between 20-30k kpra…
The fact she don’t cut out no more makes me happy again, I may make transitmania yet..
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:15 pm

Every time I go to do the pump learn, it comes up with..
Fip learn has been started
Resetting adaptive values
Service procedure has been interrupted

What’s the correct procedure here?
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:23 pm

Did you change the scv on the pump?

Learn procedures have been covered lots on here
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:30 pm

ned wrote:Did you change the scv on the pump?

The lil one on side of the pump with the two Allen keys on it?
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:00 pm

Scooby doo wrote:
ned wrote:Did you change the scv on the pump?

The lil one on side of the pump with the two Allen keys on it?

That's the one...was it a genuine Ford/Denso part..?? If not, it may never pass the learns, some work fine but most don't...we've had no end of trouble with non-genuine SCV's and PRV's.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:14 pm

My bad knobby, I changed the ones either side of the rail but forgot that one, I still have new one to go on, all genuine denso ones….
Shall change that when I get five minutes and do the learns…
I am right in thinking on forscan that the pump learn was the one I was on, I am still learning with this van, I may one day be as smart as all of you, but to know how to do these things is massive for me, and hopefully help out someone else too…

Iv still got to find the clunk on the nearside shaft when you release the clutch, but that’s another episode I’ll bore you all with once we cracked this one…
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:05 am

Scooby doo wrote:My bad knobby, I changed the ones either side of the rail but forgot that one, I still have new one to go on, all genuine denso ones….
Shall change that when I get five minutes and do the learns…
I am right in thinking on forscan that the pump learn was the one I was on, I am still learning with this van, I may one day be as smart as all of you, but to know how to do these things is massive for me, and hopefully help out someone else too…

Iv still got to find the clunk on the nearside shaft when you release the clutch, but that’s another episode I’ll bore you all with once we cracked this one…

In Forscan the pilot/injector learn is the top one on the list or service items....then the pump learn....

If replacing the SCV & PRV, first...reset the PRV open timers etc....then do the pump learn, then lastly the pilot/injector learns.

Normally the pressure sensor on the oposite end of the fuel rail to the PRV hardly ever fails.....may people replace it needlessly...if you have grief, refit the original, do an injector leak-off test, if they come up ok, try again.

Lord Knobrot.

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Scooby doo » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:59 am

Will get that all done when I get a moment, might end up this weekend as I’m off and can proper focus myself on to it..
Cheers knobby, appreciate the help, like say I’m always learning…
Think the one I tried yesterday was second one down, I knew I should took a pic to remind meself..
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:08 am

Stage one complete, what a bum ache to see the bottom Allen key bolt, just need to run forscan next and do the learns…
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:47 am

Tried resetting the prv timers, comes up with service procedure not supported
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:50 am

So this is the forscan list I have to hand…
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:01 am

Now that’s a better number, even tho I can’t reset it and do the learns on it, the frp is a better number already…
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits