*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 EU5 2012 Starting issue

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 EU5 2012 Starting issue

Postby Aquiesce » Wed May 12, 2021 5:56 pm

Been having a starting issue all this week, gradually getting worse, i could feel that it was fuel related as it would crank for ages sometimes and eventually fire, anyway just plugged it in with forscan and got p2291 there, only saw it fopr a min as I accidently erased codes instead of pressing reconnect ...there were a couple of other codes in there but nothing that worried me.
Now I did put a high pressure fuel pump on this van about 2 years ago and I know I should prob have done prv etc but I was skint and it was running fine, so my question is how do I test to see if I need that and Scv or if its an injector thats gone dow, Im not totally thick but I am a builder so go wasy on me and explain it simply please :
Thanks Fellas
Paul
Aquiesce
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Mk7 EU5 2012 Starting issue

Postby knobby1 » Wed May 12, 2021 8:11 pm

Aquiesce wrote:Been having a starting issue all this week, gradually getting worse, i could feel that it was fuel related as it would crank for ages sometimes and eventually fire, anyway just plugged it in with forscan and got p2291 there, only saw it fopr a min as I accidently erased codes instead of pressing reconnect ...there were a couple of other codes in there but nothing that worried me.
Now I did put a high pressure fuel pump on this van about 2 years ago and I know I should prob have done prv etc but I was skint and it was running fine, so my question is how do I test to see if I need that and Scv or if its an injector thats gone dow, Im not totally thick but I am a builder so go wasy on me and explain it simply please :
Thanks Fellas
Paul

Euro-5 doesn't have an SCV or PRV like the Euro-4's.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Aquiesce » Wed May 12, 2021 10:24 pm

Aha I see that makes sense as I couldn't see them anywhere haha
I just knew they used to be a common issue in the older ones. where would you suggest I start then? Injectors? There seems to be a bit of pooling of fluid under number 4 when i removed the sound proof engine cover to look.
The van will start pretty well most of the time when stone cold but then struggle like hell when hot, to the point it just wont start now wen warmed up.

Thanks Again
Paul
Aquiesce
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:04 pm

Aquiesce wrote:Aha I see that makes sense as I couldn't see them anywhere haha
I just knew they used to be a common issue in the older ones. where would you suggest I start then? Injectors? There seems to be a bit of pooling of fluid under number 4 when i removed the sound proof engine cover to look.
The van will start pretty well most of the time when stone cold but then struggle like hell when hot, to the point it just wont start now wen warmed up.

Thanks Again
Paul

Have you had the codes read..?? Injector leak-off test will give a good idea of injector health.

Lord Knobrot

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby bambi mk 1 » Wed May 12, 2021 11:17 pm

knobby1 wrote:

Thanks Again
Paul

Have you had the codes read..?? Injector leak-off test will give a good idea of injector health.

Lord Knobrot

:roll: :roll: :roll: Did you read the OP Knobby :?:
OP check the crank sensor is fully seated or just change it :idea:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Aquiesce » Thu May 13, 2021 7:42 am

Thanks mate I'll look at crack sensor today and check it's seated or as you say change it if it's relatively reasonable price.
Thanks mate
Aquiesce
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Aquiesce » Thu May 13, 2021 9:21 am

well just been out to have a look and buggered if I can even see crank sensor haha what would i need to remove in order to gain access? Is it a bitch to get to? I was reading that its under a heatshield below the exhaust cooler???? i just cant see the wood for the trees here.
Thanks
Aquiesce
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Aquiesce » Thu May 13, 2021 12:19 pm

So I got it out and it looked OK but I guess hard to say, replaced it with new and now I'm getting engine Malfunction when trying to start the van after clearing all the stored codes, one of which now keeps coming back is the crank sensor itself... Open circuit is there something else I need to do here in forscan.
Thanks
Aquiesce
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby andz327 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:36 am

bambi mk 1 wrote:
knobby1 wrote:

Thanks Again
Paul

Lord Knobrot

:roll: :roll: :roll: Did you read the OP Knobby :?:
OP check the crank sensor is fully seated or just change it :idea:
What do you suggest the OP does now ????

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Aquiesce » Fri May 14, 2021 10:12 am

I'm hampered really with the starter now, i had a dmf about 7 months back and clutch so I knew the starter was full of debris from that and looking it's also got some oil /diesel contamination on it so I reckon its goosed now, I'm gong to pick one up today at 12 so I'll get that fitted then I'll be able to run live data and get whatever readings I need to get. If someone can tell me what I need to be lookin at that would be great, I'm guessing fuel pressures and things like that would be a good idea.
Thanks
Paul
Aquiesce
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby tigtag63 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:34 am

hi Aquiesce can you tell me where the crank sensor is posisitioned cheers cant find mine either lol
tigtag63

Postby knobby1 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 8:21 pm

tigtag63 wrote:hi Aquiesce can you tell me where the crank sensor is posisitioned cheers cant find mine either lol

Which engine do you have..?? Is it FWD or RWD..??

Lord Knobrot

knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits