*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk7 2.2 rwd B1206 crash switch open circuit

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

mk7 2.2 rwd B1206 crash switch open circuit

Postby Stan66 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:23 pm

Hi, can anyone help with wiring diagrams for the fuel pump system for a 2012 2.2 rwd? Forscan shows the code B1206 for the crash switch open circuit. The switch tested okay but there is no voltage at either or the two wires at the connector, I tested for power at the fuel pump relay R7 in the engine junction box and have power at the control side but none at the load, the next relay R8, Vapouriser glow plug, has power at both. I have checked all of the fuses in all fuseboxes and all are good with the exception of fuse 29 in the engine junction box, Vapouriser glow plug monitor, which has no power to it at all.
A bit of background, the van is being put back on the road after a long lay-up, it has a code for DPF soot build up and did a couple of static regens last week which went through full cycles with Forscan. It didn't drop the soot count and could tell by the smoke coming out of the exhaust that it wasn't working, related to F29? When I tried to start it this week the batteries were too flat, the starter solenoid clicked and it turned over a couple of times but no start. I put a couple of batteries in from a running van and now cranks over but no start with the B1206 code.

Many Thanks
Stan66

Re: mk7 2.2 rwd B1206 crash switch open circuit

Postby kevb1545 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 7:45 pm

hi, just following your post as i the same issues with b1206 fault.
did manage to sort this? if so could you tell how,
thanks kev
kevb1545
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits