*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ABS Brake Sensor Fault

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

ABS Brake Sensor Fault

Postby reesv01 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:29 pm

Anyone able to get me an ABS wiring diagram for a Mk7 2.4?

After a headgasket change earlier in the year, I found the expansion tank had overflowed and as a result, managed to soak to the ABS connector into the ABS control module. I’ve changed the control module and it’s now connected and can do a ABS service bleed etc , however my ESP/ABS lights are on and non functional.

I’ve cleaned up as much as I can on the plug, but guess there’s still a couple of pins being problematic, but with the 20 wires in the plug it’s a bit difficult to guess. Would imagine the circuit for the brake sensor isn’t at right voltages…

Any help much appreciated, can’t find any references to the DTC online

Dtc: C1A99:00-2B brake pressure sensor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
reesv01
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: ABS Brake Sensor Fault

Postby reesv01 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:31 pm

*bump*

Any help guys?
reesv01
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby knobby1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:54 pm

reesv01 wrote:*bump*

Any help guys?

Are all the ABS sensors, their wiring.... and reluctor rings ok..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby reesv01 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:20 pm

knobby1 wrote:
reesv01 wrote:*bump*

Any help guys?

Are all the ABS sensors, their wiring.... and reluctor rings ok..??

Lord Knobrot
Hey mate

They are and were working fine prior to the headgasket problems. Hill start also works fine when first starting the van, only after speed past 15mph does the lights come on the dash and the fault show in ForScan.

ABS self test via ForScan completes without error, as does steering angle and longitude calibration and the service bleed (can hear the abs pump running).

I have checked ABD break pressor measurement via forscan and strangely this shows a reading when the break pedal is depressed, however despite showing this reading, I’m not sure if this is the same break pressure sensor that’s within the ABS unit or another.

The plug to the ABS unit was completely soaked with coolant due to the overheating due to head gasket failure, so despite no other faults and readings in live data, I imagine there’s just one circuit in the ABS wiring loom that’s having problems.

Either that or I’m barking up the wrong tree… anyway to confirm via ForScan all abs sensors are okay?

Any other avenues appreciated…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
reesv01
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits