*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wheelbase

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Wheelbase

Postby Carolyn » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:53 am

Hi there, my husband has passed away and I have inherited his 2007 Transit. It says on the Log Book it is a 115 T350M RWD Panel van . Can someone tell a pure ignorant person if it is short or long wheelbase please, as I want to buy a rubber mat for the rear and don't know what I need. Please.
Carolyn
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Wheelbase

Postby knobby1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:50 am

Carolyn wrote:Hi there, my husband has passed away and I have inherited his 2007 Transit. It says on the Log Book it is a 115 T350M RWD Panel van . Can someone tell a pure ignorant person if it is short or long wheelbase please, as I want to buy a rubber mat for the rear and don't know what I need. Please.

Hi Carolyn,

The "M" at the end of your T350M will mean it's a "Medium" wheelbase van. There are essentially 4 different "wheelbases" for the vans, Short, Medium, Long and one called a Jumbo which is longer again. They also come in 3 different roof heights....Low, Medium and High roof. But not all models come with all of the variants etc...as an example, you won't see a Short Wheelbase van with a high roof....or a Jumbo with a low roof.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Airthies » Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:05 am

There are a number of ways to work it out, but one way to tell is the panel just in front of the rear wheel.
If wheel arch is next to side door it's short, if it has a length of panel between wheel arch and door it's likely a MWB or LWB,
If behind the rear wheel is where the difference is between the MWB LWB and jumbo, if the bumper trim stops a third of the way to the wheel and the rest of that bit is metal panel then it's a jumbo the LWB and MWB trim goes all way to wheel arch but panel length is different. MWB bumper trim when viewed from the side is similar length as it it's hight, LWB is roughly twice as long as it's hight.
Hope that's not overly confusing

Have a look on the link below for measurements, or do an image search for Mk7 transit SWB/MWB/LWB etc and see if you can identify what's same as yours.
https://www.transitcenter.uk/transit-mk ... cation.php

Sent from my Armor 8 Pro using Tapatalk
2009 350T200 LWB medium roof, converted to 4x4 (the 2nd namby-pamby job)
2008 350LWB 115PS ex welfare van
2008 350LWB 115PS ex fitters van "retired" :cry:
Bikes, yes, a few bikes.
V86+patch
V86.04
X-Prog
C81
Airthies
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Carolyn » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Thank you both ever so much. I now know I have a Medium wheelbase. So probably the rubber mats for the back of the van being sold on ebay as LWB can overlap each other...or I could trim them to fit properly. I can't see any mats for Medium.
So a big Thanks again.
Carolyn
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ned » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:43 pm

knobby1 wrote:
Carolyn wrote:Hi there, my husband has passed away and I have inherited his 2007 Transit. It says on the Log Book it is a 115 T350M RWD Panel van . Can someone tell a pure ignorant person if it is short or long wheelbase please, as I want to buy a rubber mat for the rear and don't know what I need. Please.

Hi Carolyn,

The "M" at the end of your T350M will mean it's a "Medium" wheelbase van. There are essentially 4 different "wheelbases" for the vans, Short, Medium, Long and one called a Jumbo which is longer again. They also come in 3 different roof heights....Low, Medium and High roof. But not all models come with all of the variants etc...as an example, you won't see a Short Wheelbase van with a high roof....or a Jumbo with a low roof.

Lord Knobrot

You can get a short wheel base with high roof, they look bloody stupid and not may about but they are out there :wink:
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:51 pm

ned wrote:
knobby1 wrote:

Hi Carolyn,

Lord Knobrot

You can get a short wheel base with high roof, they look bloody stupid and not may about but they are out there :wink:

Ah...fair call...we don't see them here in down-under land. The medium wheelbase high roof ones also look a bit strange.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits