*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Injection pumps - PF Jones vs PB Asher vs Diesel Bob vs ??

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Injection pumps - PF Jones vs PB Asher vs Diesel Bob vs ??

Postby fancourt » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:56 pm

PF Jones seems to be the only Bosch injection pump reconditioner I can find recommendations for on this forum... their negative feedback on their ebay store and trustpilot makes me somewhat wary though. Some instances are obviously customers being stupid but there are just a few too many complaints for me to easily write it all off as that... :?

I've phoned PB Asher in Southampton THREE TIMES and each time the person who answered the phone seemed utterly clueless and promised to get someone to phone me back... which THREE TIMES now has not happened :evil:

Has anyone used DieselBob before?

http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/injectionpumps.aspx

Or Powerdrive in Porstmouth?

https://powerdrivediesels.com/

Or M&B Fuel Injection Service?

https://www.mbfuel.co.uk/bosch-diesel-centre/

Or Thomas Group?

https://www.thomasgroupltd.co.uk/servic ... servicing/

Keen to hear other peoples' experiences (please PM if you don't want to share publicly)...?
fancourt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Injection pumps - PF Jones vs PB Asher vs Diesel Bob vs

Postby Jim Archer » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 am

Avoid PB Asher, had several 'unnecessary' issues with their work.

If you are in the South, either Panda Diesel (now in with Boarhunt, ignore the 'closed' in the Google ad, click the 'more about' link) in Fareham, Hants, or S&S Diesels in Waltham Chase, Hants for me.

HTH

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby fancourt » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:03 am

Thanks Jim!

I even sent an email to PB Asher via their website - STILL no reply!!! That is not the type of company I have any intention of EVER doing business with - even before reading your experience! :evil:

I'll look at those other options you suggested - I've been impressed with DieselBob by email and phone - he seems to be a proper old-school, knowledgeable and upfront sort of chap. He's quite busy at the moment though and doesn't have exchange stock of the pump I need on hand right now.
fancourt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby richardstubbs » Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:18 am

I was very happy with PF Jones when I bought a VP30 off them last month, but that's just one time so not really representative. Happy as in; came quickly, worked, refund for old pump issued as soon as it was received. Obviously I'd like to have paid less but that wasn't an option :)
2005 Mk6 85T280 Camper
richardstubbs
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby fancourt » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:34 pm

Jim Archer wrote:Avoid PB Asher, had several 'unnecessary' issues with their work.

If you are in the South, either Panda Diesel (now in with Boarhunt, ignore the 'closed' in the Google ad, click the 'more about' link) in Fareham, Hants, or S&S Diesels in Waltham Chase, Hants for me.

HTH

Jim

I gave these guys a call just in case they had what I need on the shelf already but Neil (Panda Diesel) has left to travel the world fixing marine diesels now apparently! Boarhunt now use S&S for their diesel work.

I phoned S&S but they don't recondition Bosch pumps in-house but outsource "to the local Bosch agent" at significantly higher prices than Diesel Bob (or PF Jones for that matter).
fancourt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby fancourt » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:55 pm

richardstubbs wrote:I was very happy with PF Jones when I bought a VP30 off them last month, but that's just one time so not really representative. Happy as in; came quickly, worked, refund for old pump issued as soon as it was received. Obviously I'd like to have paid less but that wasn't an option :)

That option would be nice indeed - of course without the usual headaches associated with cheap repairs! :lol:

It seems at least 97.3% of PF Jones customers are happy with the service received, I'm just a little nervous about the chances of ending up in the remainder. I've not come across a large, reputable company with less than 98% positive feedback on eBay before... just seems a bit strange! :shock:
fancourt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby metalworker0 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:37 pm

There is a lot of scamming buyers abusing the ebay the money back guarantee, people say they are unhappy with the service , claim lost in post /item not received - to get money back and free pump- or don't know (from what I've read here - they require more than just bolt in place and off you go) how to set them up once installed - again claim pump not working ..that's how i imagine they end up with 97%

all the best..mark
metalworker0
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby fancourt » Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:52 pm

metalworker0 wrote:There is a lot of scamming buyers using the ebay the money back guarantee, people say they are unhappy with the service , claim lost in post /item not received - to get money back and free pump- or don't know (from what I've read here - they require more than just bolt in place and off you go) how to set them up once installed - again claim pump not working ..that's how i imagine they end up with 97%

all the best..mark

Yeah - I'm sure at least some of it is that. Skimming through the complaints makes it clear that some of them are just plain user error etc as well... nevertheless, for comparison: TPUK currently have 99.4% positive feedback with a total feedback of 265,522.

In the past 12 months TPUK have had:
19,934 positive
95 neutral
113 negative.

In the past 12 months PFJones have had:
4,533 positive
57 neutral
115 negative

I know these online feedback/reviews are often wide open to misuse, but this is quite a large difference in ratio of good to bad... Just makes it hard(er) to know what to believe/who to trust :?
fancourt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby KING OF ENGLAND » Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:42 pm

I’ve had a vp30 from pf Jones pump has been ok
Had a problem with a soldered joint that was quickly rectified
And pumps been ok now for 3000 miles up to yet
KING OF ENGLAND
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby karl » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:47 pm

fitted god knows how many pf jones pumps for customers of mine never had problems with them

also fitted one to me own van in fact 2 i have the first one failed on me because of low fuel pressure due to contamination but that one lasted 3 years

the secound one recently failed on the timing solinoind but got them to replace it for me, they did try and sell me another recon pump but was having none of it as they treid telling me it was not producing the correct fuel pressure on the pump :lol:

i have also fitted 2 secound hand pumps and both of them failed on me after a few months and their was nothing worse then being in the fast lane and me van cutting out :shock:
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Postby Keef » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:05 am

karl wrote:fitted one to me own van in fact 2 i have the first one failed on me because of low fuel pressure due to contamination but that one lasted 3 years

the secound one recently failed on the timing solinoind but got them to replace it for me

So you've fitted 2 PF Jones pumps to your van and they've both failed within 3 years?
Keef
MK3 Massive

Postby karl » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:33 pm

Keef wrote:
karl wrote:fitted one to me own van in fact 2 i have the first one failed on me because of low fuel pressure due to contamination but that one lasted 3 years

the secound one recently failed on the timing solinoind but got them to replace it for me

So you've fitted 2 PF Jones pumps to your van and they've both failed within 3 years?

NO only one mate the other has been fine apart from the timing soliniod going on the one i have now
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits