*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Petrol 2.3 2002 Transit No spark or start

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Petrol 2.3 2002 Transit No spark or start

Postby Welsh_Aussie_Van_Lad » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:39 pm

Evening Lads

Here in Sunny Lockdown Sydney doing my head in over this transit.
I`m a decent VW Transporter Tech, but they are not like this Transit Beast!

Got it cheap, changed the petrol pump cleaned the plugs. Ran sweet, but i could never get the fuel pump relay going so i made a bridge.
All good. Van was driving

Then in trying to make the temp gauge work, wish I hadn`t, I touched 12v to the yellow and white wire after the engine multiplug which goes to the egr pressure feedback sensor.
I brushed the wire for a split second. Van was running. Immediately turned off.

Then no start with the key, wont even turn over.

I cut out an aftermarket alarm and reconnected the wires back to standard.

I have a generic scanner, it talks about doors open and globes illuminated in the immobilizer system. Cant read ecu.

I Can hotwire the starter relay and make it crank with the key. But no ignition pulse with my node light. And the fuel was already bypassed so thats inconclusive

I buggered around with the relays. How do you know which of them work? Why have some got three legs at the bottom and others two? My fusebox has splce for the three legged ones but only seem to have terminals for two. Are they the same? I refer to the relays R3-R11 in the fusebox

Plenty of power at the fusebox. Checked fuses and in the extra fuseboxes above the glovebox

When I turn the key now, the lights dim slightly. No click from a relay. Nothing

Pats light does rhymic flashing when key is off nothing when we have reds or when cranking

People are always quick to blame the ecu. Could be.
I did change the ecu 30 fuse!

Trying to get a pin out diagram of the ecu plug and ideally a test proceedure for the ecu
I identified one switched power in on the ecu that was not powered up, but I think there is another.

I also found the inertia switch whilst under the dash. That may have been the original fuel pump issue.

So will the sensor behind the engine make it not start and kill the sparks and start function?
It a rare expensive part here in the land of oz. is it really gonna be that??

Or I`ve fried something else? Any Ideas

Id love a bit of geezer advice about now from the wise transit elders
Thanks Fellas
Welsh_Aussie_Van_Lad

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits