*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

oil leak on 2.0 FWD 2004

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

oil leak on 2.0 FWD 2004

Postby danielz000 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:15 pm

Hi guys,

I've had a problem with my clutch recently, and an oil leak at the bottom of where the engine/clutch/gearbox meet. After having the clutch and both clutch cylinders changed, the mechanic show/told me that the oil leak wasn't from the clutch slave as I suspected given the clutch problems.

I gave the gearbox and clutch housing a good clean and the front of it seems to have remained free from oil, so I believe the leak is coming from the behind it somewhere...

I got under the van today to inspect and it's a pretty tight view down there but the only place I can see any sign of oil is around the driveshaft seal... but I can't see a clear path from there to the bottom of the clutch housing and there wasn't much oil around the draft shaft to be honest...

Is it possible that the oil is being flicked off the driveshaft as it spins and some of it is jumping over to the clutch housing and running down to the bolt at the bottom? Would there be a simple way for me to determine if this is engine oil or differential oil?

Also, is replacing this seal a big job?

Cheers,

Dan

A few pictures attached...

IMG-20211010-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20211010-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20211010-WA0008.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
danielz000
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits