*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

EGR valve issues

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

EGR valve issues

Postby Prettyhandy » Thu Oct 14, 2021 12:37 pm

I had egr valve replaced last October but afterwards it was very noisy when turning off engine (doing its self clean?) and there was intermittent dip in acellorating etc.
Took back in and was told the valve was faulty, they replaced with new part on 3rd Nov.

I then had ongoing issues with warning light appearing (separate issue) but all mechanics where furloughed so couldn't take van back in.

Now a year on it seems the turbo isnt working at all, very flat accelerating. It shudders or rattles sometimes when turning off the engine and the EGR valve is once again very noisy (creaking noise) when engine turned off.
The garage say the work/part is out of warranty as invoice dated 3rd Oct, even though this was when faulty part fitted, second egr done a month later.

I've driven around 7k since the install. Theres no codes showing up as far as I can see, no warning lights on dash either. A colleague at work plugged his diagnostic machibe in & revved van a little and showed me a reading that indicates EGR valve not closing fully but I don't know what this reading was.

I'd be very grateful for any advice on this. I have 10sec video of the creaking noise but I don't think I can share on here?
Prettyhandy

Re: EGR valve issues

Postby tranmx2 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:25 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hig67PqMvHY
There's several vids on youtube re' EGR could be of some help.
2012 MK 7 E 5 100-350 3.5 XLWB RWD Duratorq 2.2L CR TC 14 DSL 100/125 PS E5 DPF BCM PCM RCM
Was DRRB 74 KW 100 HP 100 cv. Now CYR5 125 HP. PCM could still be for 100 HP.
There's more letters after a Transit than a military man :lol:
tranmx2
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: EGR valve issues

Postby Prettyhandy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:29 pm

Ok so the garage has come back to me and said 2 glo plugs need replacing. They gave me a print out of egr readings saying all as expected at idle. It shows egr bank 1 commanded value and valve position at 38.43 with sensor voltage of 2

Can anyone confirm this is normal please
Prettyhandy

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits