*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit 2.4 rwd error code U2101

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Transit 2.4 rwd error code U2101

Postby Stephend161 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:03 pm

Ford transit mk7 2.4 rwd 115ps

Hello lovely people.

So i was having a look at my dtc’s on forscan for my van and this one has popped up with this description

Code: U2101 - Control Module Configuration Incompatible

Now this was present when i bought the van..
My understanding is that something (an option) has been enabled in the bcm that the van does not support or have (example power fold mirrors) when the van doesn't have such hardware fitted… however i have no idea what one is activated that the van does not have for it to be throwing up this code…

I have went through all and can not see anything that is activated that the van does not have apart from one (Keyless entry and start) now my van does not have keyless entry (unless thats there way of saying central locking) and my van does not have keyless start…
Before i change this option in bcm to state not keyless entry and not keyless start to see if this is whats throwing the code can someone tell me if changing this option will mess up my keys..
This is a bcm options not a PATS option

Side note.. pats shows 4 active keys and i only have 3 so id like to know if i can delete individual key instead of deleting all then having to re add.. (im not brave enough to go messing in here)

Thanks all
Stephend161
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Transit 2.4 rwd error code U2101

Postby Jim Archer » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:29 pm

I've got the same code logged on 2 C spec BCMs that Vantuner paired to my B spec Jumbo, I'll be interested to see what the solution is.

I wanted cruise control enabled - both units work on Martyns van - but other than the icon on the dash, doesn't operate on my van.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Re: Transit 2.4 rwd error code U2101

Postby Stephend161 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:54 pm

Ye its an odd one..

I was wondering if i could download my asbuilt file from motorcraft and wright that one onto my bcm to see if it would clear the code..

i have a back up of my current bcm so if the download asbuiilt didn't work then i could put my old one back on in theory (is it as simple as that?)

I just dont want to do it and open a can of worms..

I currently have no eml on the dash and everything seems to work i guess as it should..
Im just trying to clear the van up because i plan to do a pump and injector learn soon and want to clear all codes in prep for my next step
Stephend161
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits