*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Garage failed on brake bleed

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Garage failed on brake bleed

Postby Doggiedexter » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:24 am

Hi all,

Mk7 transit 2.2 fwd

I've just failed the mot...ace... it needed all new pads and discs and a drop link.

Just got the van back and the brakes are spongey and stopping power is useless.

Garage have said 'always poor until bed in' which I know is just crap.

My fear is they have either undo nipple to push back pots, or worse been fooled by the master cylinder stupid design and run it dry when bleeding.

I can only assume it now needs Forscan or IDS to do an ABS bleed via laptop to purge the air completely.

I can't find anywhere that actually has the software needed, Ford dealer won't respond to enquiries.

Anyone advise if they think my thoughts are correct and if anyone knows a place or indeed can do the work anywhere near Guildford or Reading

Thanks in advance
Doggiedexter

Re: Garage failed on brake bleed

Postby Cider Andy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:39 pm

According to Loot's IDS map the nearest guy on this forum to you is V8Dave who's up in the St. Albans area. I know Vantuner (MartynX on here) will have IDS, maybe he can help? He's at Uxbridge.
Drink moderately, eat healthily, exercise regularly, die anyway.
Cider Andy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Garage failed on brake bleed

Postby knobby1 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:54 pm

Doggiedexter wrote:Hi all,

Mk7 transit 2.2 fwd

I've just failed the mot...ace... it needed all new pads and discs and a drop link.

Just got the van back and the brakes are spongey and stopping power is useless.

Garage have said 'always poor until bed in' which I know is just crap.

My fear is they have either undo nipple to push back pots, or worse been fooled by the master cylinder stupid design and run it dry when bleeding.

I can only assume it now needs Forscan or IDS to do an ABS bleed via laptop to purge the air completely.

I can't find anywhere that actually has the software needed, Ford dealer won't respond to enquiries.

Anyone advise if they think my thoughts are correct and if anyone knows a place or indeed can do the work anywhere near Guildford or Reading

Thanks in advance

Just get Forscan and a modified ELM-327 and do it yourself...less than 20 quid will see you sorted.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits