*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

service oil now

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

service oil now

Postby johnski » Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:01 pm

mk7, how often is it meant to be done? I done mine earlier this year and reset it but its now back again, i never took a note of the mileage when i done it but 6-8k would be a guess, does the warning only come on when a certain number of miles have been done or is there a senor of some sort that can tell if its needing done?

thanks

john
11 Plate Tourneo, 115 T280s
johnski
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: service oil now

Postby RadioSurfer » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:52 pm

Hi,

My oil service due indicator came on after about 5 months of having it serviced. I suspect it will be a combination of factors, including garage not resetting the indicator, prior service intervals not completed, hard driving etc. etc. I’ve had many vehicles with these service indicators on and the worst was a “leading” German car manufacturer. Take it in one week for a service and its back 2 weeks later as another service indicator decides something needs doing. Great for the garages and warranty but bad for the customer.

Anyway, back to the question. I’ve found various answers to this on the forum but someone recommended this link which provides the service interval for your van based on the reg plate/vin. https://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do

Enter your reg on the vehicle tab page which then finds the vin and vehicle details, then click on the FordService tab and Service Schedule tab. Mine came out as yearly or 20,000 miles whichever comes first. In reality, I largely ignore the indicators and have an oil change every 6 months or 10,000 miles whichever comes first. Some may regard that as overkill, but I need it to last and be reliable and I work in very remote areas so can’t be constantly finding a garage when something doesn’t need doing.

Cheers, Richard
RadioSurfer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits