*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

upgrades

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: upgrades

Postby M3Stig » Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:31 am

8 keys!!! who needs 8 keys to a van :lol:
M3Stig
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ray1965 » Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:01 pm

M3Stig wrote:8 keys!!! who needs 8 keys to a van :lol:

the idea being, while it wont stop a lot of thieves, it will stop the ones that add a key via obd, as they wont be able to if its full up
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Jim Archer » Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:47 pm

If they can add a key, they can just as quickly clear the stored ones ... :wink:

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ray1965 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:32 am

Jim Archer wrote:If they can add a key, they can just as quickly clear the stored ones ... :wink:

Jim

agreed, but its all about buying time, the longer they're in the cab the more likely they get disturbed or caught, as they're not expecting the thing to be full up, and also what they're using to program a key, whilst I've not tried to delete a key with forscan, to add one, you need a programmed one, the tool I've seen on e bay also gives appearance you need the programmed key to initiate the delete process, although i could be wrong, that's how i read it, so rightly or wrongly, my way of thinking was if you need the programmed key to delete that key, then fill it up they cant easily add a key, as said in another post, there's always someone with something that will get round anything, but the more obstacles in their way the better as far as I'm concerned
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Jim Archer » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:37 pm

The wee box of tricks generates a 'in code' and is much the same as legit auto locksmiths use. If they have that sort of kit, it's won't be the first van they've gone equiped to have away with.

Best bet for that sort of added security is suitable plug connector and a pair of sideys. Either leave the empty loom side plug on show (and hope they don't know their Ford wiring protocols) or get a OBD plug and flying lead from a scrapper and make it look neat - giving it the correct 12V and ground is going to delay them for longer.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ray1965 » Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:15 pm

not done much if anything the last week, as not been feeling too good, but today i managed to get the rear headlining up, in the top picture youll see a small switch, this puts an earth to the interior lights if needed so the lights can be turned on, on their own switches, as when it was just a van it had different unswitching lights and didnt need the earth
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Scooby doo » Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:37 pm

Tourneo roof linings are so hard to find these days, specially ones without the cut out on the rear nearside for the air con..
I’m still hunting but might end finding a rough tourneo to use for a few months when mine goes body shop then rob the rear interior sections..
Scooby doo
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ned » Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:03 pm

Scooby doo wrote:Tourneo roof linings are so hard to find these days, specially ones without the cut out on the rear nearside for the air con..
I’m still hunting but might end finding a rough tourneo to use for a few months when mine goes body shop then rob the rear interior sections..

Here one being broken.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=215004

RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ray1965 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:41 pm

Scooby doo wrote:Tourneo roof linings are so hard to find these days, specially ones without the cut out on the rear nearside for the air con..

agreed, theyre always sold, ive put a fan in the aircon hole tbh, gives a small draught on the seats from the vents, if they dont want the windows open when theyre fitted
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ray1965 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:45 pm

ive just ordered side opening windows for both sides, 80% tinted, van goes in on 9th may to have those fitted and a few other jobs done

im having the whole underside treated as they do with campers to prevent it rotting, as its never been welded, just got to drill 2 holes for the running boards before it goes in, the holes are supposed to be there, but mine hasnt got them
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby andz327 » Sun Apr 24, 2022 11:30 pm

Jim Archer wrote:The wee box of tricks generates a 'in code' and is much the same as legit auto locksmiths use. If they have that sort of kit, it's won't be the first van they've gone equiped to have away with.

Best bet for that sort of added security is suitable plug connector and a pair of sideys. Either leave the empty loom side plug on show (and hope they don't know their Ford wiring protocols) or get a OBD plug and flying lead from a scrapper and make it look neat - giving it the correct 12V and ground is going to delay them for longer.

Jim
Wonder if it would fook their machine if you put a live wire where it shouldn't be one

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby ray1965 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:41 am

nothing really done this week, as ive been stripping down my new project to put it in the corner till i get more time

but on monday the van goes into the body shop, its having the unfderside done like they do campers, so any surface rust will be sorted, then coated in whatever it is they coat it in, hopefully this will keep the rot at bay for a few years, as its never been welded, and is still very good condition under there, its also having dark tint opening side windows fitted to the side door and its same position on the drivers side, and i am going to see if he will do the running boards fopr me while its there

so will post pictures when its done
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby ray1965 » Sun May 08, 2022 9:56 am

i intend to upgrade the clocks at some point, i have everything, but im going to wait till after the next MOT, so as the correct mileage is recorded at that point

now i know lots of you have done this mod, and you all say its plug and play except the outside temp sensor, and the mileage is held in the clocks

but when you connect my van to Forscan, and go through the settings, there are setting to tell it you have changed the clocks, as well as a few others from memory

but it appears that the BCM is either the sole place or in conjunction with, holding the recorded mileage (but in KM), you can read the amount of KM, and it tallys with the clocks exactly when converting it to miles, now having had trouble with a german car when changing a part that held mileage, it slowly shut the vehicle down so couldnt be driven, am i going to create problems if the mileage is then held in 2 or more places and you change one,

so really asking if the ones that have been changed without changing settings etc, were perhaps on earlier models, or has there been no problems across the board

as said in another thread, we even got a fault code for incompatible light switch till we told it we had changed it, i also have a fault code for an incompatible radio having changed that

dam think knows too much
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Knobby2515 » Sun May 08, 2022 7:25 pm

So goto Vantuner, he can sort that out for you.
Also, get one of his re-maps for your van, he did mine and it drives so much better
2012 MK7
100 T330 2.2 with 150hp Vanunter upgrade
MWB Semi-high roof
2.2 - 6 speed RWD
Air-con, heated screen, front fog lamps, cruise control, twin slide doors
Knobby2515
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ray1965 » Mon May 09, 2022 8:53 pm

the first window makes an appearance after only a few hours
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ray1965
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

PreviousNext

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits