*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

P062D Solved!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

P062D Solved!

Postby womble171 » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:17 pm

As you guys know, I've been struggling with my my mk7 2,2 rwd euro 5 for a while.

Amongst other faults, the baine of my life was this P062D fuel injector driver circuit Bank 1 internal electronic failure. Van would start intermittent thrn cut out. Would also lose throttle when driving along which was a bloody nightmare. Injectors were all good, was getting crank and cam sync, but then the van just failed to start completely. Pressure in the rail was too high which I guess was causing injectors not to fire. I tried changing the engine loom as I noticed when I pressed on the multiplug on the PCM it would start...unfortunately, that didn't fix the issue so it was back to drawing board. Info seems very vague on this, and the only other bits of info I could find were either checking values and reading when engine is running (not an option for me), replacing the ATIC 88 driver on the board, again not an option, or PCM failure most likely due too water ingress.

After a lot of cursing and cussing I was left down to my only remaining option which was to source a donor PCM. Managed to find a reasonable priced one off eBay, got it cloned at a reasonable price at a place in Warrington (was getting told some ridiculous prices due to what appeared to be technical bulls*#t) refitted it and hey presto, started 1st time.

Hope my experience with this code can help someone else out.
Thanks for all your help guys.....Neil.
womble171
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits