*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK7 Problems POWER TRAIN. ENGINE MANAGEMNT. unable to read

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK7 Problems POWER TRAIN. ENGINE MANAGEMNT. unable to read

Postby mk7adam » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:10 pm

so i purchased a van and shortly after i have power train light and engine management light on. also when driving on the motor way on occasions would looks power for a few seconds then come back.

i had someone out to read the codes and they couldnt get a read from it at all.

other problems with the van include

-cab lights not working
-side door not opening from the outside
-reverse lights not working (noticed the is some sort of wiring been done behind one of the head lights to a box for the tow bar forget what its called something angel)
-transit beeps when locking

there is also a tachograph installed and milage is not showing on the dash.
also was told its restricted.

it also abit rough when starting and noticed other morning on very cold day it stuggled more then normal and sometimes a little squeel?

any help would be greatly appriciated thankyou.
mk7adam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: MK7 Problems POWER TRAIN. ENGINE MANAGEMNT. unable to re

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:44 am

mk7adam wrote:so i purchased a van and shortly after i have power train light and engine management light on. also when driving on the motor way on occasions would looks power for a few seconds then come back.

i had someone out to read the codes and they couldnt get a read from it at all.

other problems with the van include

-cab lights not working
-side door not opening from the outside
-reverse lights not working (noticed the is some sort of wiring been done behind one of the head lights to a box for the tow bar forget what its called something angel)
-transit beeps when locking

there is also a tachograph installed and milage is not showing on the dash.
also was told its restricted.

it also abit rough when starting and noticed other morning on very cold day it stuggled more then normal and sometimes a little squeel?

any help would be greatly appriciated thankyou.

The OBD-II port power supply and the interior lights share the same fuse....Fuse # 73 I believe. Since your interior lights don't work I would assume the fuse is blown This is why your mechanic couldn't get the codes from the van.

The horn beeps when trying to lock because the system "thinks" a door is open. One or more of your lock mechanisms may be faulty, or the wiring to them may be damaged.

With the sliding door, check the three contact pins near the back of the door for good contact. Sometimes the pin wiring inside the door can be broken too...

Lean your shoulder into the center/rear of the sliding door when trying to unlock it....this will take the load off the mechanism.

If a tachograph is fitted you will not get mileage on the dash...if/when the tachograph is removed the mileage will appear on the dash.

If the van is a minibus, it will have a permanent speed restriction unless it is mapped out. If it's just a normal van, the speed restriction can be removed using IDS or Forscan.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mk7adam » Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:34 am

thankyou for the reply problem is now that the fuse 72 keeps blowing
mk7adam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby mk7adam » Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:57 pm

it was down to the interior light casing touching the metal around it.

Codes read and there is a glow plug error and break pedal switch error so will get this replaced asap

also the tachograph has been disabled so and milage is back on the dash so im guessing i can take this out now?
mk7adam
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits