*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK6 transit weird issue "overheat"

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

MK6 transit weird issue "overheat"

Postby Cretosx » Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:12 pm

Hi All,

Wondered if anyone could help? I’ve been mind boggled about this for awhile I’ve got a 2.4 tddi mk6 transit, it cut out with the temp gauge on hot but the engine felt relatively cold, I got it recovered and 2 weeks later the temp gauge is still on hot and won’t start, I’ve changed the CHT sensor to no avail I’m pulling my hair out with this because if I can’t sort it I’ll have to let her go.
The temp gauge is hot even with ignition off*

Thanks for all the help!!
Cretosx
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: MK6 transit weird issue "overheat"

Postby knobby1 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:40 am

Cretosx wrote:Hi All,

Wondered if anyone could help? I’ve been mind boggled about this for awhile I’ve got a 2.4 tddi mk6 transit, it cut out with the temp gauge on hot but the engine felt relatively cold, I got it recovered and 2 weeks later the temp gauge is still on hot and won’t start, I’ve changed the CHT sensor to no avail I’m pulling my hair out with this because if I can’t sort it I’ll have to let her go.
The temp gauge is hot even with ignition off*

Thanks for all the help!!

Please don't post multiple threads with the same topic/issue....confuses old men like me.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=213165

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits