*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Error codes after a chain replacement

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Re: Error codes after a chain replacement

Postby sauzee » Tue May 10, 2022 11:17 pm

Thanks Lord Knobrot all i was meaning was if i lie under the motor and hold the crank 13mm pin down it will drop in when the 2 6mm holes on the cam sit at 4 o'clock and the front crank tool where the 8mm bolt goes sits at 2 o'clock i rotated the engine 3 or 4 times and only locks in at that point that is why i removed the injector to check that piston was not down.It was running last time and not noisy just no power
Is there anyway to make sure its correct
Thanks
sauzee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Wed May 11, 2022 12:48 am

sauzee wrote:Thanks Lord Knobrot all i was meaning was if i lie under the motor and hold the crank 13mm pin down it will drop in when the 2 6mm holes on the cam sit at 4 o'clock and the front crank tool where the 8mm bolt goes sits at 2 o'clock i rotated the engine 3 or 4 times and only locks in at that point that is why i removed the injector to check that piston was not down.It was running last time and not noisy just no power
Is there anyway to make sure its correctThanks

When the flywheel timing pin is in the correct position, yours should look like this when timed correctly, note the position of the "torx bolt" in the crank..:

FORD-TRANSIT-2-2-EURO-4-SILNIK-JAK-NOWY-2006-Typ-samochodu-Samochody-dostawcze.jpg

Lord Knobrot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby sauzee » Wed May 11, 2022 10:25 am

Thanks again Lord Knobrot that is a perfect picture that is what it looks like only couldn't get it to lock at back so i will go with that
Thanks
sauzee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby knobby1 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:49 pm

sauzee wrote:Thanks again Lord Knobrot that is a perfect picture that is what it looks like only couldn't get it to lock at back so i will go with that
Thanks

In the flywheel, there's only one proper timing slot...like this...:

timing slot.jpg

Lord Knobrot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby sauzee » Tue May 17, 2022 6:51 pm

Sorry not been on for a bit as ended up having to take the box out as son had snapped crank sensor bracket.Anyway all put back together but still the same apart from the dash now displays a timer when ignition on i am now getting no comms with abs pump which i had previous comms with anyone point me in direction of a wiring diagram i dont mind paying for a diagram
Thanks for any help
sauzee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby sauzee » Tue May 24, 2022 8:50 pm

Hi Guys a weird thing now when at scrapyard i bought a dash wiring harness and a ABS pump so fitted harness still the same then i plugged in ABS pump without the brake pipes connected no comms so i thought it must have been faulty.So i have been pulling covers off the harness looking for breaks can't find any i have connected multimeter to earth cable and other side on to the earth on battery giving me a reading of battery voltage.Which is supposed to mean it has a short to ground if i connect a small bulb to the same wires the multimeter reads 0 volts.I conneted the battery back up and my brother came down and plugged his diagnostic machine in i had then plugged the donor ABS pump in to show my brother it was not working and hey presto everything worked fine but still needed to put the lights out plugged its own one back in and back to square one now when i plug the donor one back in it wont communicate again so i have ordered another one of Fleabay so let you know
sauzee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby sauzee » Thu May 26, 2022 2:13 pm

Well new Abs module on all the earths under bonnet replaced and still the same starting to get really Pi**ed off now any other suggestions please as Disabled sister-inlaw can't get to caravan untill i have it sorted
Thanks
sauzee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby sauzee » Mon May 30, 2022 11:52 pm

anyone help even messaged an auto electrician didn't even reply.Voltage on high can only 1.5v any ideas Abs pump made no difference
Thanks
sauzee
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Previous

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits