*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Please Help Mk7 rwd tranny judder

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Please Help Mk7 rwd tranny judder

Postby Vanadeo » Fri May 20, 2022 7:11 am

Hello all.

Hope someone can help. Yesterday I had my support bearings repaired on my transit.. The scraping noise is gone, but it has developed a vibration under load. It only seems to happen in first gear when setting off, sort of a shuddering vibration noise, then is fine after. It definitely didn't do it before I had it done. I inspected the propshaft and compared to the 12 plate Luton tranny at work it still seems to have play in it :/. The one at work is really tight.

I did notice when I first drove off from the garage there was a scraping noise and chirping which has totally gone now. I have considered maybe the balancing is off on the shaft, but as I say after setting off and getting up to speed there is no vibration and I don't suspect anything else as it didn't do it before.

Thanks in advance for any info on this. I'm hoping it will just go away lol like the chirping did, knowing my luck summet will pop and I'll be seeing my shaft rolling away out my mirror.
Vanadeo

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits