*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

58 plate transit won’t start

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

58 plate transit won’t start

Postby Wumpet69 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:29 pm

Hi everyone,
Please help!! I’ve got a transit mark 7 2.2 Tdi. 58 plate
Over the last 6 months I’ve had trouble starting her, would fire right away then wouldn’t start, leave for a min then off she’d go, now it won’t start at all, will fire with easy start but won’t rev, changed the fuel pump, egr valve, cam sensor, crank sensor, ecu, fuel filter all done with a mobile mechanic but it’s still the same, it’s not a new van but I’m invested in it now after spending money to mot her just 5 weeks ago and all this work.
Anyone have any ideas for me please???
Thanks rob
Wumpet69

Re: 58 plate transit won’t start

Postby TheCake » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:33 pm

could be the scv or prv thats gone or as you said you changed the fuel pump i assume you meant the scv, were the learns done when the new part was installed?.
have you used forscan to check codes?
there could be an air leak into the fuel?
checked how full the filter is before starting?, should be full.
injectors could need looking at may need removal ream and clean new washers and stretch bolts.
is that rust spot new?

2010 mk7 t260 85 p.o.s. FWD, SWB
TheCake
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: 58 plate transit won’t start

Postby knobby1 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:18 pm

Wumpet69 wrote:Hi everyone,
Please help!! I’ve got a transit mark 7 2.2 Tdi. 58 plate
Over the last 6 months I’ve had trouble starting her, would fire right away then wouldn’t start, leave for a min then off she’d go, now it won’t start at all, will fire with easy start but won’t rev, changed the fuel pump, egr valve, cam sensor, crank sensor, ecu, fuel filter all done with a mobile mechanic but it’s still the same, it’s not a new van but I’m invested in it now after spending money to mot her just 5 weeks ago and all this work.
Anyone have any ideas for me please???
Thanks rob

What "TheCake" said...

Also...Why was the fuel pump and ECU/PCM replaced..?? They very rarely fail. What diagnostics were done..?? Fault codes..?? Seems your mechanic has just loaded up the parts cannon and fired it aimlessly...at your expense.

Was the new PCM coded to the van or just replaced..?? Were the learns done after the fuel pump was replaced..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits