*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk7 central locking and interior light gremlins

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk7 central locking and interior light gremlins

Postby marcuswarehan » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:51 pm

Hello

On my 2011 Transit iv got some strange things going on the with central locking as follows:

So 90% of the time it works perfectly, deadlocks fine and no worries

However, it started playing about back in April when it wouldn't dead lock, all the doors still locked and the van didn't say any of the doors were open, but it would beeping the horn when locking and not flash the indicators, this was intermittent and it would do it occasionally (once or twice a week) but would work fine the rest of the time. I got to the wiring I could and contact cleaned the connectors and re-plugged and gave the wires a wiggle while locking and unlocking to see if any of the cables were fractured, nothing seemed wrong and after a few weeks the frequency of it playing up got a bit less and then a bit lesser until I almost forgot about it.

However the other day the sliding door would not unlock, it locked fine and flashed its indicators, I tried unlocking it and pushing the door inwards at the same time (incase the contacts were not quite touching) but still no luck. I had to climb over the seats into the back (no bulk head (campervan conversion)) and use the plastic unlocking knob on the inside of the door this worked fine, and then afterward I shut the door and it locked and unlocked fine with no issues at all, but when I went back into the cab to drive away both interior lights had stopped working (with the switches in any position)

Today I looked at the circuit diagrams and found fuse F72 (which is the OBD data save fuse) has the interior lights connected to it, I checked it out and sure enough it had blown, replaced it and everything (lights and locks) are all working correctly as if nothing had happened

So anyone got any idea whats going on, or how to find the issues ! ?????

Also my van only has a lock barrel on the drivers door, does anyone know if its easy enough to fit barrels to the sliding and rear doors ?
marcuswarehan

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits