*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk6 2.0 DI acceleration and PCM question

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

Mk6 2.0 DI acceleration and PCM question

Postby banjo_al » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:43 pm

Hi All,

Hoping someone can help...

The timing solenoid went on my trusty campervan. It was well seized in, took pump off and still couldn't get it out - made a right mess! Ended up buying a used pump with PCM and keys. Whilst I was at it I replaced the cam chain kit (220K!).

PITA to bleed up but it started and runs/sounds like it used to. However, when accelerating hard there is hesitation/jerkyness, it's perfectly driveable otherwise and starts on the button every time. The other problem is the cluster - when switched on it all lights up with mileage etc but when you turn the key/start it up only the fuel gauge works and the spanner light is permanently on. Odometer has dashes only.

I got a code reader and it showed P0381 and P0650 initially, glowplug lamp and MIL. I'm guessing this is related to the cluster fault. Also Forscan is showing a different VIN. Could the PCM/pump/EDC be from an older vehicle and that's why the cluster doesn't work? I'm not 'up' on electronic systems being a retired 'old skool' mechanic! Is it something I can fix or is it going to cripple me financially to get someone else to do it?

Regarding the acceleration issue - I drove it for a few days then put the reader back on and now I'm getting an additional DTC. P1344, throttle pedal sensor, so I'm assuming that's the problem. Or is it also related to the PCM? Or did I get the timing a little out?

Any advice appreciated.
Cheers.
banjo_al

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits