*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

ASM gerabox seal... Help!

Transit Mk6 & Mk7 Forum. All Transits 2000 - 2013

ASM gerabox seal... Help!

Postby WheelyBigBox » Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:47 am

I'm having a rotten time... my asm motor went for rebuild.. they sent back a worse one, then they eventually sent mine back 2 weeks later, got it rebuilt (bloody pain with the silicone seals having enlarged themselves)... got it fitted...

Pipe has come off the clutch actuator. It plugs into a frankly awful bit of rubber that my ford parts dealers can't help with. IT's completely knackered - deteriorated all over with cracks etc. Pics below.. please help! I can't find one andit's an odd shape...

2002 Mk6 2.4L T330 (Turbo) 90HP with Auto gearbox / clutch / shifter.

Also has a built in brown trouser momenter due to the novel rear suspension and a "this'll cost a lot to fix" thought generator :!:
WheelyBigBox
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: ASM gerabox seal... Help!

Postby WheelyBigBox » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:32 pm

The rubber seal is clearly knackered but on inspection the inner part seemed ok. What i've done is stick the pipe into it while it's unfitted. Then i refitted it to the gearbox without the pipe in it. Then I attempted to re-fit it - twisting it back and forth as pushing - it went in a lot better thanks to being opened up while it was out of the gearbox but was still a pain. Eventually did it though and pipe is back in.
2002 Mk6 2.4L T330 (Turbo) 90HP with Auto gearbox / clutch / shifter.

Also has a built in brown trouser momenter due to the novel rear suspension and a "this'll cost a lot to fix" thought generator :!:
WheelyBigBox
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk6 & Mk7 - Third Generation Transits